Chapter One: Life's Situation

New York City.

My home, my friend and my worst nightmare...

If I asked you to describe NYC in one word, you'd probably say "Glamorous" correct? WRONG.
It's full of betrayal, lies, gangs, mad ex boyfriends and teenagers with family problems.  Something as simple as walking to school is dangerous! Wanna go downtown? Your not coming back with everything you went in with. It's no place to grow up especially when you grew up in a poverty ridden area like me.

Let me introduce myself..

Hi, I'm Bailey May. I'm fifteen years old and I live in a ground level apartment with my mom, dad and dog, Chippy. My best friend's names is Kieran McCall, he's 17. My dads not to happy about that but he lets it slide because I can't make friends. As I said my family are rather low on money or " on a tight budget" as my dad says. As I'm currently only fifteen there's not much I can do about our current financial situation Kieran however, introduced the idea of underaged prostitution on the Corner of Oak Street down the road, which just so happens to be the location of Oak & Co's nursing home which my GRANDPARENTS live in. I really don't feel like strutting my stuff in front of a bunch of elderly old men, especially my grandpa.