Part 4

The night was long, lonely, and gloomy.

Sleep long evaded, you were forced to toss and turn seemingly endless in bed. Never quite able to find a comfortable spot as the source of questioning distress was just a few feet away.

Did she come in as well? Was she staying the night once more?

You groaned into your pillow for the umpteenth time to the unknown questions. Haunting kiss in a painful repetition, the questions refused to leave.

Unwilling to wait for the front door to open into answers, you quickly ran away. Shutting yourself inside your bedroom, you held in silence as you tried to listen in with a pressed ear to the closed door.

A potential counting of steps drowned out by Law calling out your name as he entered a moment after; his voice echoing inside of the narrow hallway as he approached your door. With his search drawing near, you managed to lock the door before he could open it.

Jingling the door knob as he repeated your name, you rushed to jump into bed. Fumbling to put in your earbuds, you played the first song on repeat until the noise outside had stopped.

Wallowing in the ever-replaying kiss, you contemplated leaving a few times throughout the night. Forcing yourself to stay after each attempt, you managed to make it through.

The early morning hour shinned back at your sore eyes spurring an uncomfortable groan. 5:49 AM, more than a few hours until work but it was ultimately best to get ready early.

Cautiously peeking out into the dimly lit hallway, Law's uncharacteristically closed room door appeared. Slowly stepping forward, your breath held. Reaching out to knock, you pulled your hand back unable to muster the courage to do so.

Unsure if he was going to spring a second surprise, you hesitantly approached the end of the hall. Slow and soft steps halting, you carefully opened your eyes to the living room.

An empty area with no unwelcomed soul thankfully appeared, never had you been so grateful for lonely silence.

Expelling your tightly bound nerves in a drawn-out sigh, you slowly began to relax. A sense of comfort in your own home returning, you tapped upon the back of the empty chair in which you first saw her in. Light sounds before, the reality of the current silence drew in.

Years since a silent morning, you looked around searching for the usual. A light roast and greeting, the kitchen was also clear of a potential body.

Slowly, your gathered brows worryingly lowered the longer that you waited. Nervously peering back down the corridor looking for any sign, none ultimately came.

Evidently too busy in himself, you gathered your things to leave before he could appear. His early morning schedule pinned upon the fridge, he would soon need to leave as well.

You hesitated, looking back before you could leave. Coming dangerously close to being late, you pondered on a reminder. Although fearing the one potentially behind, you decided on a text.

"Sorry, oh, [Name]," standing from behind the counter, the cherry blossom haired woman turned to the front door as the small bell above rang. Set to turn away any early customer, she turned her head to your early appearance.

Picking up your dragging feet, you gave a airy sigh. Turning to adjust as you faced her concern, it wasn't enough. A darkened pattern cradling your swollen eyes and forced smile couldn't be hidden so well after all.

She couldn't help but chuckle, her unique voice filling the once silence of the shop. "You look like you were out drinking all night."

Your low groan turned into a slight chuckle as you heard her infections laughter. Gently tapping your flushed face, it seemed like a better reasoning than crying all night. "No, but that's probably what I need," you continued with a jokingly shake to your head while draping a dark apron over yourself.