Chapter 1

By the way, I'm currently revising these chapters and adding them in this book. As the years went on I got better at writing, so I'd like to take another crack at this story. A revised chapter will have these:🪻, surrounding the title. - June 24th, 2023

________________________________________

It was a beautiful night in the woods. I was all cozied up in my bed, reading a book. It was a thriller novel and the way the book was wrote was already giving me chills. I don't live alone. In fact, my other friend lives with me. Her name is (F/N). We live together because we had such a good freindship, we couldn't bare to be apart for so long. (F/N) wanted to live in a city, but I prefer the quiet and wildlife style. She said she had to stay in town for something tonight, but would be back tomorrow.

I picked up my mug of hot chocolate and sipped it. It was still nice and warm. As I read more, the book becomes increasingly chilling. Not like a jump scare kind of book, but one that would give you goosebumps. Like, "did you know there's someone in your house right now," kinda thing.

I placed my bookmark in my novel and set it down. I grabbed my phone and checked what time it was. 10:45. Wow I was up more then expected. I sat up and stretched. I've been reading for about two and a half hours now. Not a new record, but I'll take it. I walk out of my room and downstairs to the kitchen. I open the cabinets and grab the bottle of pills. These pills help me sleep, so I won't be tired in the morning. I down two of them without drinking water. I quickly set up my flashlight on my phone and turned it on. I then flicked the light switch to turn the lights off.

I quickly ran upstairs to get away from the darkness. I don't really like the dark much. It scared me a lot when I was little and it just stuck with me. Unfortunately all the way to right now, which I'm presently eighteen. I turn my lamp on and turn off my lights quickly going to my covers for safety. I then start to drift off into a deep slumber...

Enderman POV

I stare at the beautiful figure through her window. She has been reading for quite some time now, but it's still been entertaining to watch. Every now and then she would stretch or hum to herself, unaware of what she was doing because she was so caught up in her book. This has been a thing now. Where I just watch her silently, hoping she doesn't see me. Of course it's harder to see me at night time, so I doubt I'll ever get caught.

"Dude what are you doing?"

"Aggghh!" I scream.

"What the hell man? I'm just asking a question." a weirder out Creeper says.

This is my friend, Creeper. He usually asks this same question every time he finds me staring at her, but I just ignore it.

"What are you doing here, Creeper?"

"Trying to find you. I've been looking everywhere an Enderman would be." Creeper rolls his eyes as if it was the obvious answer.

I look away from (Y/N) and turn back to my friend.

"I'm guessing the group wants to hang out?"

"Yep"

"Alright I'll be there in a few. I have to do something first."

"Ok, ok, see you soon you stalker."

And with that Creeper walked off. Enderman turned back to (Y/N) once more. She was soundly sleeping in her bed. Enderman sighed. He knew he should hang out with his friends, but he just couldn't stop staring at her. He shook his head as he teleported to were his friends were.

~Time Skip~

My friends all departed as we all needed to get home. I checked the time. 2:11a.m. I have enough time to see (Y/N) again. I walked through the woods to her house and went to the place I usually go. Wait, she's a heavy sleeper. So maybe I can... Take a closer look. I teleported inside of her room and walked over to her bed. I stared down at her sleeping form and noticed the lamp was still on. I'm pretty sure she had Nyctophobia, so it wasn't a surprise. I smiled at this.

Normal POV

I woke up, the lamp light blurring my vision. After I rub my eyes I look up to see two purple eyes. I jump back as I squeal in surprise. Is this a dream? Who's in my house?! I look one more time at the creature and I see something I'd thought I'd never see so close to me. An Enderman. I quickly avert my eyes by putting my hands on my face. I try to reach out to my phone. It takes a few seconds, but I finally found it. I hear the Enderman getting anxious, but I'm not going to give in by staring.

I quickly call my friend. It takes a few rings, but I know she'll answer. As soon as she picks up the Enderman is gone.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong? It's 2:29 right now. Is everything alright?"

"(F/N)! I just woke up to see an Enderman in my house! He was r-right next to my bed! And I d-dont know what to do right now! I think he's gone now, but I'm not completely sure!"

"Holy shit (Y/N). I'll be right there. Don't go anywhere just stay put."

Then she ended the call. I wrapped myself in my blankets as I closed my eyes, hoping she would get here soon.