🪻Chapter 3🪻

🪻 = Revised Chapter
* * * = Point of View Switch
_______________________________________

Also, would anyone be interested in a Warden x Reader- like nobody is doing that shit and I've been WAITING. Like even tumblr is bone dry for that poor mf so I might make him one after I revise and finish this story.
_______________________________________

Maybe you heard it wrong. Yes, you've heard Endermen speak, but only in short choppy sentences. This one was extremely talkative.
Still holding on tightly to your sword, you swung it when turning around just in case the monster tried to get any closer. It stood there nervously, almost as if it would teleport away any second.

"Please, I won't hurt you- I just want to talk." the Enderman spoke.

Your eyes glanced at it's, but quickly shot away when you remembered the rule. Of course it would try and trick you; after all, Endermen were one of the smartest recorded mobs.

"I'm not stupid, I know this is a trick." you paused and took a moment to search the house behind you. "How can you speak so well?"

With your sword trained on the monster, it seemed at a loss for words, "I... it's just- I've been around a lot of humans."

You grimaced as you were gaining a sense of pity for the flustered mob. It was truly a sad sight, but there was something that made you lower your sword. Perhaps it was the very high chance this Enderman had never hurt anyone before, because judging by his manner he'd never even talked to someone.
Everything books and personal experiences had taught you about these guys flashed in your mind. Nothing, and I mean nothing was telling you this was normal behavior for his type of mob.

"Can't you look at me? I promise I won't attack you, I swear." it quietly begged.

The desperation of the Enderman made you uncomfortable, and you tossed your sword to the side before getting up. It extended a hand to help, but you ignored it.
Slowly, your eyes locked on it's, almost immediately remembering that they were in your room last night.

"So, what do you want? You show up in my room around midnight and now you appear here- there's obviously something you want from me." you stated.

The Enderman squirmed in place, not sure how to respond, "Well... I've been... around, and I just so happened to find this place. And then you were here. And-"

You cut him off, not being able to stand his insensible and awful story telling, "So what, you've been watching me? For how long?"

It stared down at you while thinking, "Um, only for about three months..."

"What?!" you stood there glaring at the monster, "Three- three months?" scoffing, you pinched the bridge of your nose before pacing left and right. "I-I don't get it, I really don't. Did I accidentally look at you during a trip? In a cave?"

"No! No, I was following you after the desert temple expedition. It wasn't anything really..." the Enderman muttered.

"Unbelievable. So what, did you just stand outside my window and watch me for the past couple months?" you asked.

"Pretty much..." it paused when it saw your face and nervously laughed, "Of course not! I would just occasionally pop in to check on you."