CHAPTER SEVEN

Someone rested their head on top of hers as he continued to cut the onion with her.

"The onions making you cry again?" It was familiar, deep and soothing "You should stop chopping them".

"If I did that you troublemakers won't have anything to eat" she tried to speak between soft sobs, her anxiety level slowly rising, slowly overwhelming her "S-Shijimi I-I need to..."

"You don't need to do anything, come on wash your hands, I'll take care of things".

Shijimi put down the knife and guided her chubby hands over the faucet, turning on the water then washing her hands with soap, rinsing of the onion juice from her hands and guided her back to the chopping board, he turned her around. She lowered her head, hoping that her bangs would hide her eyes from him. He sighed to himself and slowly lifted her arms and placed them around his V taper body, making her hug him. Hiding her from the others, who were piling into the room one by one, she hugged him and sobbed a little more.

"It's alright ______, just let it out. I'll take care of the food" he whispered to her as he kissed the top of her head and began chopping the onion and preparing food for the group.

He checked on her from time to time. The fact that he was hiding her the entire time while cooking and making sure that people didn't see her should have hindered his movement but it didn't. She was small enough for him to move freely.

Everyone in the room knew ______'s condition and not paying mind to her as their friend comforted her was them giving her space to adjust to them again.

After a while, she was still clinging to Shijimi as he boiled the pasta. Someone had started to start the portable karaoke machine that she had when someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it!" It was Laito's voice "Kagami! You made it!"

"Y-yeah sorry, I'm late "Kagami stepped into her apartment, his eyes looking for the little lady "A-are you sure it's OK for me to be here? She hardly knows me."

"I'll be alright! Bitch-chan needs new friends" Laito's voice was as cheerful as ever making the new guest to scratch his head at the word 'Bitch-chan'. He came into the room and saw everyone in the room but not the person he came there for.

"If you're looking for Bitch-chan Kagami-kun then she's with Shijimi-kun cooking in the kitchen" Laito told him as he joined Okita back on the couch, perusing the book that contained the list of the songs of the Karaoke machine.

Shijimi glanced over Kagami's way as he drain the pasta using the strainer "Hey big guy, make yourself at home!" he looked down at the little lady in front of him and whispered "Will you be alright?" She gave him small nod which made him encourage her to go wash up and freshen up so she could face the others.

She hugged Shijimi one last time before quietly slipping away from his large body only to lock eyes with Kagami as he came near the kitchen to help out their Captain. 

(added part)

Kagami gave her a broad smile, but it only earned him a small smile as she passed him and went to her room.

"Don't worry about it" Shijimi said as he mixed the sauce with the pasta "She just needs a little time to adjust, is all. Come here Kagami, help me make food for all those free loaders."
"Hey! We heard that you white haired demon!" Okita shouted from the living room earning laughs from everyone present.

Kagami looked back towards the direction of where the plump little lady, there were tears in her eyes. He was sure of it but he didn't want to over step his boundaries, seeing that he just met her. He turned to their captain, lending him a hand in whatever food they need to cook.