Chapter 5

Mario(Alicia's Dad) P.O.V

Sometimes driving this bus around all day makes me wish I would have never chose love over money. Don't get me wrong I love my wife but my parents are rich and my family would have been set for life. My parents love my wife also but Leena didn't want to live off of them and it kinda hurt their feelings but I had my degree at that point and I figured I could get a good job in an office or something.

As you see, things didn't really go as planned. Me getting a nice paying office job didn't go well the quickest job I was able to land was as a bus driver. At first I really enjoyed it but when Leena got pregnant we had to move from our 1 bedroom apartment to a bigger 3 bedroom house, the only one we could find was in the bad part of Atlanta because that was the only one in our budget. Fast forward 19 years and here I am, working my shifts plus extra hours just so I can have a little more on my paycheck. I been pushing my wife to get a job but she wants to be a stay at home mom.

Honestly we don't got it good like that to have one parent be at home and the other be the breadwinner, shit I'm barely making any bread as it is, I don't wanna leave her because that's not gonna help the situation and I don't know what she would do on her own or how she would provide for the girls either so i'm trapped but i'll do anything to make sure my daughters are good and taken care of as much as possible.

Those girls are my world.

Jenna(Alicia's oldest sister) P.O.V

I'm Alicia's older sister. When I was younger I could see more why my mom didn't want Alicia to be apart of our little family, she was fat and darker, and when my mom told me not to speak to her I didn't. Now, I don't see what the problem is with Alicia. She's beautifal and she's gotten lighter and she does really well in school. I wanna get close to my sister but I don't wanna disappoint my mom.

I'm really torn on what to do here.

Averi(Alicia's 2nd oldest sister) P.O.V

I've never wanted Alicia to be my sister. Mainly because I'm jealous of her. She has the perfect hair and perfect skin and smile and blah blah blah. I started to feel this way when she lost weight and got her braces off.

I thought the fact that we completely alienate her from the family would send her back to her old ways but it doesn't. I can't stand her and her perfection.

Leena(Alicia's mom) P.O.V

I know y'all probably scolding me as a parent but y'all don't even know how it is. I ask Alicia to do everything because she's so reliable and she does everything so well.

I hear her singing in the shower and her voice is just amazing and even when she cleans the house it looks so good and nice. I know I can't rely on her sisters for that.

I will admit that when she was younger and fatter I resented her because I didn't know why she weighed so much I fed her the same as everyone else and she just ruined the image. But as she grew up I saw how beautiful and smart she became and I'm so proud of her. She didn't let the way me and her sisters treat her ruin her journey or her goals.

I'm too scared to approach her and tell her this because I know she hates me and she thinks I hate her. I know she'd never believe me if I told her that I do love her and she makes me a proud parent and she's inspiring me.

No one knows this but I've secretly been going to college online getting my masters in social work. I know what you're thinking, 'what does Alicia have to do with that?' I'll tell you, she reminds me of me, I was always the outcast in my family as a child except I let that ruin me and all that I could've became. And seeing Alicia get her life together and come back strong and smart inspired me to the fullest to do what I've always wanted to do.

********

Yea I know I said this update was coming a couple days ago but I was pretty busy and things kept coming up and all that. I think I'm gonna start doing goals soon once/if I get more followers and readers. But here it is, tell me what you think about Alicia's family, and Caliana's situation. Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated of course :)

-Monica