Chapter 2

Spencer's Point of View:

-----------------------------------

So, I guess I have some kind of feelings for Elle. of course, I would never act upon these feelings unless I was about to die and they were to be my last words.

I woke up early the next morning, so I could prepare myself for the flight to LA. Folding up the bed back into it's couch form, I looked up to see Elle walk out of the bedroom - still half asleep and running her hands through the tangle of hair on her head.

"Morning, the shower is in the bathroom over there." I told her in a grumbly voice.

"Someone sounds grumpy." She laughed.

"Oh," I chuckled "my voice is always like this before I have my morning coffee. Sorry"

"Don't apologise, it's cute." She giggled and she walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on.

I made some coffee and poured it into my favourite Star Wars mug, which featured a Yoda pun that always managed to make me snicker. He was holding forks and saying:

'May the forks be with you."

This morning, for some unknown reason, It tickled me so much I was crouching and laughing out loud holding my mug that was shaking from the amount I was laughing. Hearing footsteps, I immediately pulled myself back up and straightened out my pyjama shirt and coughed to clear my throat.

"Uh, shower's free. what are you laughing at May I ask?" Elle asked with a curious tone.

"My *cough* mug. It's, uh, Yoda." I said awkwardly whilst staring at my slippers.

"Let me see."

I handed my mug to her and she burst into a laughing fit. quickly, I grabbed my mug from her- I couldn't have that 5 dollar treasure getting broken.

We had an hour till we needed to leave so I finished the last sip of my coffee and put it in the sink, then shuffled over to the bathroom.

On the jet.

Everyone was asleep on the jet apart from me, it was 4am so that was no surprise to me. I was indulging myself in the Dexter books, which I had never had any interest in reading until I caught some of the TV show before a Star Trek marathon I was going to watch by myself. Dexter was a very interesting character so I found myself finishing the whole first book within half an hour. I enjoyed the silence on the jet, just being able to hear the wind whistle on the windows as it hit the side of the plane. I was an extreme insomniac. I could never put a book down until I'd finished it and after that I'd end up having a sudden love for a series of meerkat documentaries. I was strange at nighttime, my brain is,for some reason, at an acute point of awareness and will not let me sleep until the feeling subsides. Oh well.

I heard a scuffle in front of me and looked up from another book I had brought with me. It was Elle, she'd woken up. I would have to try and desperately make conversation wouldn't I? Of course I would, and I'd fail miserably.

"What'cha reading?" she asked as she leant over the table.

"The second Dexter book, I'm really enjoying it." I replied whilst my face simultaneously turned bright red.

I daren't make eye contact.

"I seldom get a chance to read anymore." she sighed.

"Oh, well I'm sure you will."

"Hey did you watch Dexter? When it was on TV."

"No, I just have the books."

"We could watch the show together!" She said enthusiastically.

"Yeah that would be fun." I blushed

At that moment I looked up and so did she. Our eyes met and time went in slow motion. As this happened, I saw a glint of light flash in her beautiful green eyes. The connection I felt was so strong and she began to lean in. My heart sped up and I felt extremely anxious. I did the same but as we inched closer and closer the jet went through turbulence causing us to bump and everyone to wake up. I woke up from the dreamy state I was in and leant back in my chair, still not breaking the eye contact. I smiled coyly and continued reading my book.

In the conference room of the LA police department, we set up a board with the suspects and their homes etc. We were trying to find the unsub's hunting zone. The women he abducted were mainly brunette prostitues or CEO's of large companies.

Everyone was at the crime scenes but me and Elle were told to stay behind and try and piece together a profile.

"He's switching between women who are vulnerable, to women who are of high importance. He's showing us that all women are inferior. He's supreme and powerful compared to them." Dr. Bloom suddenly blurted.

"That's it. Men like this are generally narcissists who feed on this kind of power. He wants to feel ultimate and to walk amongst a crowd of women and be able to know that he's stronger than all of them, no matter their significance. That's amazing!" I cried, whilst gripping my pen tighter and tighter, a growing smile on my face.

"Let's call Hotch."

Ring ring

"Or let him call us?"

I answered my cell spoke with Hotch, Elle persistently staring at me, anxious to know what they had found. I hung up the phone and said

"They've discovered another body."

"And?"

"This time it was a firefighter, killed in the same way. Female. Brunette. Throat slit."

"The unsub is working his way up the ladder of power. Hey, do we know what he's doing to them yet?"

"Well, I guess he's holding them and getting them to confess their lack of power to him, he'd mock them. Most likely hit them if he didn't hear what he wanted. That wouldn't cause bruising of any kind." I explained.

"I think he could be hanging them. The harshest ligature marks are around their wrists, showing that they're hung like that for the longest. Then he'd tie their ankles last."

"Before he kills them."

"Do you think he sees women as animals to slaughter? That's why he hangs them and slits their throat where they'd bleed out the quickest." she asked.

"That's why he ties their ankles last! To stop them from fighting him when he prepares to slaughter them."

"Yes! We are amazing together!" she cried and high-fived me.

Yeah. I thought

We are good together.