xxvii. "hella"

haz 🥀

nat 🌸
Hi

haz 🥀
Hey!
Hi!
Nat!!!

nat 🌸
Sorry for ignoring you for the past week

haz 🥀
No, it's fine
it's fine
I should've told you I was going to meet up with Nova

nat 🌸
You didnt have to
I just thought you should, but you shouldnt
We're not even together

haz 🥀
Oh
Uh
Right

nat 🌸
I'm gonna call you.

haz 🥀
oh okay

"CAN I TALK FIRST?" NATASHA asked as soon as he answered, wanting to be able to say all that she has to say before she convinces herself otherwise.

"Yeah, yeah, sure. Go ahead."

"Okay," she sighed, "Look, Haz, I like you, okay? I have for a long time, and it's stupid that I kept on running after you for years, but I... I just do, and honestly, how can someone not like you? You're... amazing, you're a great person, you're just... ugh, this is so frustrating," she pauses, Haz chuckling lightly at her, "Look, my point is that I like you a hella lot, and as much as I wanna be with you, if you want to be with Nova, I'm good with that," she finished.

"Wait, what?" He laughed, "You think I want to get back with Nova?" He asked.

"Yeah? I mean, why the hell not? She's beautiful, she's great, she's—"

"Not you," he interrupted, "She's not you, Nat," he repeated.

"What?"

"The reason I agreed to meet with her was to finally let me move on. Don't get me wrong, I have moved on, but I've always been scared of being with someone after her. She was my biggest heartbreak, you know? And finally talking to her about what happened, that was what I needed, for me to finally let myself love again," he explained.

"What did happen to you and Nova?" She asked, curious as to what could have happened.

"We dated for two years, but it turns out, I was just a rebound for her previous boyfriend," he replied, "and when he finally wanted her back, she went back to him and left me. She didn't explain anything, she just... up broke up with me, and suddenly I see her with him," he added. "When she reached out to me and we finally talked about it, she said sorry and explained everything, and told me that you were the perfect girl for me, and that I deserve you, and that I shouldn't let you go."

"Huh."

"Nat, I like you a hella lot, too."

"Shit," she mumbled, and Harrison laughed, "It's a good thing you said that, 'cause this would've been embarrassing," she said.

"What would be embarrassing?"

"Um, I'm outside your house," she replied.

"Wait, what? Really?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm actually, uh, standing here, outside." This made Haz stand up and run towards the front door. He fixed himself before opening the door, and there she was, standing there, waiting for him.

"Surprise?" She said, a bright smile on her face, making him smile as well. "Psyche and Lisa said it would be a great idea, so, hey, I'm here and—" she was interrupted when he pulled her in for a kiss, nearly knocking the wind out of her lungs. Her eyes fluttered shut, placing his hands on her waist, pulling her closer to him.

They parted, their eyes filled with emotions no word could ever describe. His lips curve into a smile, and she couldn't help but smile back.

This was it, the moment Natasha had been dreaming about for a long time, she was finally with him, and it was like nothing else was wrong in the world.

three chapters left ❤️❤️❤️