xviii. "who's the unlucky guy?"

"WE NEED TO TALK," NATASHA said, snapping Harrison out of his thoughts. She walked towards him and sat beside him, but had her body turned to him so he was facing him.

"Oh my god, we're Tom and Psyche," Harrison blurted out, causing Natasha to laugh at the statement and lightly shake her head. His heart flittered at the sound of her laugh, as if it was music to his ears, and made a smile slowly make its to his lips.

"Well, we didn't... kiss," she shrugged, "and we weren't watching Friends, so, it was... kind of different," she added.

The two sat in comfortable silence, the only noise coming from the television, where Startsruck was still playing, but both their minds were somewhere else. It was surprisingly not too awkward for them, considering what just happened— well, almost happened.

"Who, uh, who called you?" Harrison asked, turning his head at her, trying to start a conversation.

"Dave," she replied.

"Oh." Harrison pursed his lips and nodded. He turned his head back to look at the film, and this time, it was Natasha that looked at him.

"Yeah, he told me we should just stay friends," she added, "he said he realized that I liked someone else."  Harrison smiled at this and looked at the girl who was already smiling back at him.

"Who's the unlucky guy, then?" He joked, Natasha chuckling and lightly shaking her head.

"Well, sadly, it's you," she responded, and Harrison felt his heart jump, both to what she said, and to the way she looked at him.

The feeling was alien, it was strange, seeing the girl in a different light. He had always seen her as Psyche's best friend, or his friend, but that slowly changed. It was frightening how someone could go from a stranger, to a friend, to someone you could get absolutely smitten to.

"So are you going to keep looking at me like that, or are you gonna kiss me?" She teased, Harrison laughing before moving closer to her, just like they were earlier. He leaned in a little closer, their foreheads touching.

She finally kissed him, and nearly knocked all wind from his lungs. It was like the world was slowly disappearing around them, like nothing else mattered. It was soft, comforting in ways that words would never be.

"Hey, Nat— oh my god!"

The two jumped away from each other, attention turning to the door where Vasilisa was stood with Psyche.

"H-hey, V! Hi, Psyche! I didn't know you were back in LA," Natasha said, Psyche laughing at the awkwardness in the room. Natasha looked so shaken, while Harrison was just sat there, not exactly knowing what to do. Vasilisa and her were amused, not exactly expecting the two to be making out on the couch when they arrived.

"It's a surprise," Psyche replied, "it seems like I was the one surprised, though," she said.

"Right! Right, a surprise, well, um, we gotta... go..." she stood up and pulled Harrison up from the couch and walked towards the door, "bye! See you two later." She walked out, with Harrison following behind her.

Vasilisa and Psyche laughed as soon as the two were out. They knew that Harrison and Natasha would be hanging out when they arrive, but they didn't expect that would be happening.

"We stan," Psyche mumbled before walking towards the couch and plopping down, "are they dating now?" She asked.

"Hopefully," Vasilisa said, sitting down beside the blonde, "it's tiring getting them to admit to each other, so it's great that they're making moves," she added.

"Huh, I realized we never really do anything to get them together other than tease them to death," Psyche said.

"True, but the teasing and the leaving them together did help... ish," Vasilisa shrugged.

to: osterbelle protection squad
from: psyche
Osterbelle is canon, y'all!
well, ish

YAY