1

• Dedicated to the memory of camille

  ~For my mother~

 Dear Camille,

  Hey. I decided to write this and more to come because...I really, really miss you. It's been like five years since you've died and I'm starting to forget what you looked like. I'm scared that one day I'll wake up and forget what you look like entirely. The pictures my mom put around the house help a little but if I look at them too long, and think about you, then I start to tear up.

  I only have three strong memories with you in them, and even they're fuzzy.  The first one is when I was writing an email to my cousin and went to check on you because only you, me, and Mom was home, and Mom was upstairs. So, I went to check on you and I couldn't find you anywhere. Then I decided to look in the bathroom and there you were! Except that you were sitting in the toilet. Mom and I got a good laugh out of that. The second one is when I was looking for you (again) and so I followed the sound of your baby talk. You were in the pantry, on the top of the step ladder, and jamming. Your dance moves were so funny! The third one is the shortest. It's when Mom made a smoothie for you and her, and you guys were drinking it. You were such a cute baby.

  I just want you to know that I love you so much and miss you with all my heart and I can't wait till I can see you again.

Missing you,

Your loving sister