"Hold it!" I yelled harshly and they froze, slowly letting go of each other and standing up, leaving enough room for a car. I aimed the gun at them, switching between each Connor. Shit. I had no idea which Connor was which.

"Thanks (Y/N). I don't know how I'd manage without you. Get rid of him, we have no time to lose!" The Connor on the right persuaded and I aimed the gun at him.

"It's me (Y/N)! I'm the real Connor!" Left-Connor stated and I switched my aim to him

"One of you is my partner, the other's a piece of shit. Question is, who's who?" I mumbled.

"What are you ding (Y/N)? I'm the real Connor. Give me the gun and I'll take care of him." Righ-Connor offered, taking a step towards me.

"Don't fucking move!" I snapped harshly and he stepped back cautiously.

"Why don't you ask us something? Something only the real Connor would know." Left-Connor proposed and I nodded, taking a moment to think of a question.

"Where did we first meet?" I asked and Right-Connor instantly answered.

"Detroit Police Department. You had just got back from a suspension due to irrational behaviour. We went to a scene involving a deviant ambush in Stratford Tower." He spoke and I heard Left-Connor mumble

"He uploaded my memory.." But it was barely loud enough to tell if that's truly what he said.

"What's my closest friends name?" I tried again

"Elijah! His name is Elijah!" Left-Connor responded quickly, a small smile that screamed pride on his lips.

"I knew that too! I-" Right-Connor insisted and I hushed him by pointing the gun at him. I looked at Left-Connor and hesitated before quietly asking my final question.

"My sister, what's her name?" I questioned, not able to properly look at the androids in front of me.

"... Lilly. Her name was Lilly. She was Leo's twin sister, and she had just turned 18 when she passed away. It wasn't your fault, Lieutenant. You'd been called away from a family dinner because of an emergency at work. There was a murderer on the lose and you, along with a handful of other officers had been called to catch him, as his whereabouts had been reported in. You didn't know that Lilly had followed you. When you were taking cover, she attempted to run over to you. Detective Reed thought she was the murderer's accomplice and shot her. Lilly needed emergency surgery but no human was available to perform it, so an android was required to take over. She didn't make it. And Reed never faced court. That's why your brother turned to drugs and why you got suspended a few weeks ago. Reed had made an accusation, saying you were the cause of her death, causing you to break his arm and leave him with a broken nose. You were suspended for two months. That's why you're so hesitant to trust androids, even though you support them in their quest for freedom. You think one of us is responsible for your child's death." Left-Connor explained softly and I looked up in his eyes. There was a sad but love-filled look in them and that's when I knew that was MY Connor.

"Lilly died because a human surgeon was too high on red ice to operate. She was the one who took my sister from my family. Her and this fucked up world where the only way to find comfort is with a fist-full of powder. When Hank told me how you kept dying and coming back, I thought about Lilly. How much I wanted to bring her back. I'd give anything to talk to her again. But human's don't come back." I confessed before shooting Connor a small smile, one he returned quickly.

"I knew about your sister too! I would have said exactly the same thing! Don't listen to him (Y/N)! I'm the one who-" Not-Connor but I aimed the gun at him and pulled the trigger, a bang rung out, soon followed by a soft thud.
"I've learnt a lot since I've met you, Connor. Maybe there's something to us. Maybe there really is something there. We will be the ones to make the world a better place. Go ahead and do what you gotta do." I added and Connor gave me an awkward grin, a light blue tinging his cheeks. He swiftly walked back to the Android and took his arm tightly.

"Wake up!" He demanded, both their hands going white and the android turned to him, his movement really casual before letting go and turning to the identical android next to him. Before we knew it, the whole room was filled with hushed voices saying "wake up". Connor walked back to me and carefully took my hand in his, entwining them and I looked up at him before using my other hand to grab the back of his neck and smash his lips against mine.

 His lips were soft, there was no space for imperfection, and the kiss was so gentle and love-filled, if not a bit awkward. We quickly pulled apart and I felt my face burning and his matched mine as I smiled at him sheepishly. It suddenly occurred to me that the whole room had gone silent and every single pair of eyes were on us. This made my face light up even more but Connor took a step forward and ordered them to follow him as he gently pulled me next to him as we began to head back to the protest, prepared to fight anyone who tried to stop us.