24

Cat's P.O.V.

"Catherine Winchester?"

I spin as soon as I hear the voice, so close behind me.

The woman that stands before me is not human. That I can tell. Her body is human, but she has this air about her; one that no human could ever possess. A sort of confidence that draws me in, but I know better.

I stand my ground.

"Yes?" I say, my voice coming out squeakier than I mean it to.

She smiles, showing a row of straight, white teeth.

"I'm not here to hurt you. I am an angel of the lord."

"I know. And this is heaven?"

"Yes."

"So I'm dead?"

She glances around the white space.

"Yes," she replies almost hesitantly.

"I don't want to be dead. I want to be with Sam and Dean. I want to hunt."

She laughs. "I know. That's why we're going to let you go. We have plans for you, Catherine. Big plans."

"What? You're just going to let me go? No ghost, no demon? Just human?"

She looks at the ground.

"No, Cat. You are to become an angel."

.................

Dean's P.O.V.

I stand beside her cold body lying still on the table. Her skin is pale white, her cheeks no longer flushed with blood.

I can't help but think about how much she looks like my mom.

I couldn't save my mom.

I couldn't save Cat.

....

Cat's P.O.V.

"What?"

"You are to become an angel."

I try and register this, but I can't.

"Does it mean I get to see Sam and Dean again?" I ask, starting to look on the bright side.

"Yes."

"Then I'm in."

"Okay. Let's go."

I hesitate.

"Yes Catherine?"

"My mom. Is she here?"

"Yes. Your mother is in heaven."

I nod, and let her grasp my hands in hers.

.....

Still Cat's P.O.V.

I sit up straight, like waking up from a dream.

Sputtering for air, I look around the room. I am in the bunker, sitting on a metal table in the clothes I wore when I was shot. The shirt has a bullet hole in it, and it is covered in dried blood.

I feel so different, somehow new.

I stand up, and I can feel my angel grace inside of me, making my steps more graceful.

I maneuver over to the full length mirror in the corner of the room.

I glance at myself, and do a double take.

It's me, but it's not me.

I look like myself, but somehow I am prettier.

My features are more defined, my hair longer, my skin clear and pale white like porcelain.

I'm not sure I like it.

Something inside me shifts, as if everything is finally fitting into place.

My eyes glow a brilliant blue, and my grey wings stretch out high as the ceiling.

All of a sudden, I am pushed from behind, being held against the wall, angel blade to my throat.

"Hello, Dean."

................................

A/N:

OMG thank you all for 700 views!! I never expected to get this far, and it means the world to me that I did. You are all so great and I am so thankful for your support!

-Cassiel