8

"You think I am what?"

"Psychic. You know, ESP." Sam says.

"No. I told you, it was just a dream. And I am certainly not psychic!" I throw my hands up in frustration.

"Dream or not, we can't take the chance. You are most definitely not getting shot." Dean interrupts.

"Why not? Why do you, of all people care what happens to me? I am nothing to you! You didn't even know about me until two days ago!"

"Hey, when I found out I was having a daughter, it was one of the best days of my life!"

I am silent.

"You knew? About me. You knew this whole time.

You just didn't want me." I say the words, realization creeping into my voice.

I run to the washroom and lock myself in a stall. I sit on the toilet, crying. Crying about my mom, about my dreams and what they could mean. But most of all, about the fact that he knew.

 Eventually I hear a knock on the door.

"Cat? Cat are you in here?"

"Go away."

I hear the door open.

"Cat, come out of there.

We need to talk."

............                  ...............                ...............                ...........                .......................                ...........

 I open the door and am surprised to see a pained expression on his face when he sees the tear tracks running down my neck.

"Cat, listen to me. I'm sorry."

I decide to listen to what he has to say, not that it will make a difference.

"I didn't know what to do. When I found out, I was happy. God, it was the best day of my life."

"I get it. You changed your mind. Moved on to better things."

"No. I was protecting you."

"You call that protecting me? Leaving me with my mother, who had to work three jobs just to keep a roof over our head?"

"Look. In this line of work, people around us get pretty unlucky, pretty fast. I wanted you to live a normal, apple pie life. But I knew the only way for you to have that was to leave."

"Oh right. Hunting monsters. You know, if you don't want to tell me your job, just say so."

"Oh, you think-... you think I made that up."

I say nothing.

"There's something I want you to see."