Ch. 2 the clock begins

They didn't take me home they took me to the hospital where I was told I had two weeks to live. The nurses looked at me with pity; I didn't acknowledge it until the next day. I was going to die in two weeks. I had no hope they had told me it was too late and anything they could do would just be preventing the inevitable and I didn't want that. They tried calling my parents when it came time to leave but mother was in Austria at the moment for who knows what and father being father didn't even pick up his phone. They gave me two options I could stay in the hospital plugged to an iv drip twenty four hours and they could give me some sort of treat meant, or I could go home and die peacefully on my own with pain killers to dull the pain. I took the latter without a thought I would not prolong the inevatable and with all the money I had saved up I would live my last days to the fullest.

The next day I woke up at four o'clock in the morning well I didn't really sleep so it's more like I started moving at four. I had a plane to get on to at six. I would be going to meet my father for the first time in years it would be awkward I knew but it was the moment. This was the right instant I wouldn't have time to do it after because I wanted to travel for these last weeks' I wanted to see the world but before I needed to say goodbye. Dad hadn't been the one to teach me to ride my bike or read me stories before I went to sleep; dad was the man who showed me right from wrong he was the one who showed me to be a good person and to try my best in life. He had not been there for me physically but he always was there in my head telling me what was wrong and right; if I should do this or that; if I should keep trying or just give up. Dad was the one not mom; who was there even less than dad even though she didn't work. Mom was an image that was given to me, and an actually image on shiny paper a women with dyed blonde hair enhanced boobs plastic face and many other things too. She was fake in every sense of the word and I abhorred her. When I went through baggage claim, a man ran into me and knocked me on the floor. The breath was knocked out of me and the officer at the metal detector grabbed him he was looking at me I could feel it. I started to cough and for the second time in my life I was afraid. The blood spurted more freely this time right on the first cough I grabbed my tissues and quickly cleaned my face I had gained a crowd. I had made sure to clean up any mess on the floor.

When I turned to keep walking the security guard stopped me "ma'am should I call a doctor" I was dizzy and on the brink of unconsciousness but I held on for deep life.

"I must go I have a plane to catch" he stopped me by grabbing my hand "ma'am please" I pulled myself from him

"I have to get on the plane sir"

"I don't think you are in good health to be riding on a plane" I was exasperated "I'm sorry to inform you that you are right but I must go before I miss my flight" he grabbed me again and talked in his walkie-talkie "mick I have to escort a women to her plane come to detector three" the man mick I assume arrived a minute later. He walked me to gate eighteen and walked me onto the plane once I gave my ticket.

"what are you doing?" I asked him confused were they even allowed to do that.

He looked at me then said "under emergency we gain jurisdiction over the person in danger, you are now in my jurisdiction and so my responsibility." I pondered on that for a moment and nodded this would be interesting.

"since you will be accompanying me can you get me some water? When I cough up a lot it hurts my throat" he looked at me questionable put went to the stewardess and asked for some when h returned I thanked him and settled in my seat for the two hour flight.

It was half an hour into the flight when he spoke "may I ask what sickness you have" I turned to him and nodded "I have cancer" my voice said I didn't want to talk about it and he didn't ask to elaborate which I was thankful for.