***

I bid goodbye to each of them, thanking them for wishing me good luck for tonight.

I had gotten the idea that Luke was taking me out for dinner, but he hadn’t confirmed anything so I was still wondering what tonight would bring. I was excited and nervous all at once, for Luke had previously told me that he was going to make everything up to me tonight, and knowing him, that meant more than just some fancy dinner.

Despite the fact that I had told him numerous times that tonight wasn’t necessary, that I had already forgiven him for everything, he refused to cancel it. We still weren’t officially ‘back together’, so I’m guessing tonight would be the night where that would happen.

Not only was I guessing, but I was also hoping.

I mean, I know that girlfriend and boyfriend are just labels, and they aren’t necessarily needed, but I just feel more comfortable knowing that he’s my ‘boyfriend’. 

I’ve never loved anything, or anyone as much as I love Luke, and to be frank, I want to spend the rest of my life with him. Ever since he’s been in my life, it has become impossible to be able to imagine any type of future without him. 

I want to call him my husband, and I want him to be the father to my children. I want us to have my dad, and his parents over for family dinners. I want to bond with his mother, and go out and have lunch with her, without any sense of Luke needed. I want her to be the mother I never had.

When I was younger, I used to resent couples that got matching tattoos or whatever, because I used to think that nothing lasts forever. Ever since my mum left, I had the thought imprinted in my brain that love is full of shit, but when I met Luke, my thoughts on love changed. To love someone is one thing, and to be in love are two completely different things. To me, to love someone would be what you say about a celebrity of some sort. Like, I love Alex Gaskarth. But I am in love with Luke Robert Hemmings, because the day we met, I tripped over and fell in. I fell into his arms, and even if I tried, there’s no way I’ll ever get out. I have a feeling that there’s no way he’ll let me get out either, and I’m grateful for that. Our relationship is equal, we both give as much as we get. We love each other equally, and that makes me so happy. 

I got lost in my thoughts as I got ready for tonight, smiling from ear to ear at the feeling of butterflies circling around in my stomach, and tickling my heart. 

I straightened my hair, before using a curling wand to make it appear slightly wavy. Once I was finished doing my makeup, I grabbed my purse, slipping my phone, house keys, lipstick and mascara into it and then walked down the stairs where my shoes were waiting at the door.

I slipped on the gorgeous red heels, and impatiently waited for the taxi to arrive.

This felt ironically like my first date with Luke, except different, if that even makes sense. First of all dad wasn’t here, he was out with his girl ‘friend’ from work again. I was so happy for my dad, after 14 years he was finally beginning to move on, and he was attempting to date another girl. When my mother died, it absolutely tore my father in half, and I was overjoyed that he had met a girl. I hadn’t met her yet, because I was aware that my dad was so new to all of this stuff, it would take him a while to get into a serious relationship again. I was okay with that, I just hoped the lady was nice enough if she was going to be spending time with us.

I heard a car pull up out the front, and I quickly opened the front door and locked it behind me, almost tripping over in the process. Bloody heels.

Sure enough, I saw the taxi out the front, and I slowly walked towards it and hopped in the backseat.

The driver looked in his mid 50’s, and made small conversation, which was nice, it soothed my nerves.