𝟏.𝟐

𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞,
      𝐚 𝐰𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐚 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞

- 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘴 (𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘥 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥) -

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙡𝙪𝙚 𝙎𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨

⋯⋯⋯

   It seemed like Clarke knew what she was doing. She looked confident on which way to go with that map of hers, so the five of us —Finn, Octavia, Monty, Jasper, and I— followed her. I stayed in the back of the group, looking around, wondering about everything my eyes landed on and our current circumstances.

Things are crazy. I mean, a couple of hours ago I was sure I was about to be floated. Then I thought we were all going to die even before landing. And now, well, here we are, walking on Earth and towards Mount Weather because obviously, still to this day, our leaders can't do shit right on the first try; unless... wait a second, maybe they made us land here because of some twisted joke they have going on up there.

"Hey, Clarke, hold up." I made my way towards the front of the group, passing by Octavia and the guys who seemed to be playing with flowers. "Are you sure they just missed the spot we needed to land at?"

"What do you mean?" She looked offended and slowed down her pace.

"I mean, maybe they deliberately decided to miss Mount Weather and make the dropship land somewhere else. Maybe they wanted to check if we could survive radiation just for them to land exactly there and claim it."

"Samantha, what are you trying to imply?" Her tone was a little too aggressive for my liking. "That we are their guinea pigs?"

"I'm not trying to imply anything because at least that part is a fact." I crossed my arms over my chest. "We are their trial subjects." I glared at her. "I'm just adding to it."

"I know you don't trust them, but can you trust me?" Her eyes fixed on mine. "I don't know what happened to you back on the Ark, but down here we need to trust each other." She continued walking, moving her eyes to the path ahead of us. "We are all we have."

The sudden turn of conversation made me uneasy, so I choose to change the subject myself before she decided to ask me about my past.

"If we are all we have maybe you'll want to wait for the rest, or soon there will only be you and me walking around here."

I pointed at the rest of our group who were now about 20 meters behind us. When did we start walking so fast? Clarke was quick to scold them, saying we needed to move faster to get to Mount Weather and come back with supplies.

"Come on, Clarke." Finn didn't waste a second to use that obnoxious flirty tone he used when he wanted to get his way. "How do you block all this out?"

"Well, it's simple. I wonder why haven't we seen any animals? Maybe it's because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us."

"Clarke," I tried to reason with her, "most of us were about to die anyway. And if I'm honest, dying down here, surrounded by all this green, seems like a hell of a way to die to me."

Octavia and the guys laughed, but Clarke didn't seem to like my sudden appreciation for our surroundings, shushing me and walking away.

I wondered if that was her way of dealing with people who didn't bow down to her feet just because she was the Ark's sweetheart: ignore, avoid, and get everything she wanted all the time. Not my favorite type of human.