"A party for three, great!" I hoped they could get the sarcasm. "Should I expect anyone else?"

"We are not here to kill you. You just need to extend your arm and let me put this on you, ok?"

Was pity what I caught in his voice?

"What the hell is going on?" I raised my voice but not enough to alarm anyone that could've been outside, standing tall in front of the armed men. "I'm 18 today, that means you are going to float me."

Before I could react, the first guard moved behind me and everything went black. The last thing I felt was something being secured around my wrist, puncturing my skin, and arms around me. This is it. This is dying.

━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━

Where am I? What is that noise?

I tried opening my eyes slowly, attempting to move my body but I couldn't. I tried to move forward up for I was sat somewhere, but I soon realized I was strapped down in place. So I couldn't move, but what I could do was hear plenty of voices around me from people I didn't know. I had always thought hell would be warmer. As my vision began to focus and my hearing became decent again, I started to put faces to each voice.

"Stay in your seats!"

A girl screamed from the other side of... Wait, where the hell are we? I looked around me and found two guys standing but strapped to the wall next to me. How comfortable. I wonder how they ended up in here, I mean, they don't look like criminals. But who knows, looks are deceiving.

"Hey, you! The one with the goggles." I gained their attention, both moving their heads to look at me like they were the same person. "What's going on?"

"Oh, welcome back! We thought they had killed you."

"Yeah, that burn on your neck does not look very good, if I'm honest."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I moved my hand up to my neck; it was warm. Those idiots electrocuted me. That explained why I had passed out.

"I'll deal with this later." I sighed, allowing my hand to flop back down over my legs. "Can any of you tell me what's going on?"

"Well, you missed Jaha's speech for about 10 seconds, he was lecturing us again about how we..."

"Cut it, Jasper!" His, I assumed friend, cut him off. "We are going to Earth!"

"To Earth? What have you taken before being strapped down?" I scoffed, shaking my head, looking around. "How in hell are we going to Earth? Isn't it dead? Dangerous? No air to breathe? And most importantly, why?"

"Seems like we are... what did Jaha say?" Jasper turned to the other guy, whose name I still didn't know, moving his hand in the air as if trying to physically evoke the word.

"Expendable," answered the other mocking the way Jaha talked. "I'm Monty, by the way."

"He finally went completely nuts, I see. I had been wondering how much longer till his brain melted." I turned my gaze back to the boys. "My name is Samantha."

"I think I'll call you Sam if you don't mind."

"If you want to call me that, you'll have to gain my friendship first, and that's not easy these days."

I peered carefully at Jasper watching his expression slowly change. Did that upset him?

"Jasper, sounds like you almost just made a friend!"