"Ok baby. What do you wanna do?" he vaguely asks

"Can we go home?" my voice goes quiet as i turn away and a tear rolls down my cheek

I walk towards the door until i was piled back by my arm.

"Hey, i'm so sorry about everything." Leah says desperately

"Oh no. You don't have to apologize. Really."

"I just feel really bad and i didn't mean for all this to happen. I just don't want you to hate me." she looks to the floor

"Leah, i don't hate you. I just have to go, alright?" i turn away.

¥¥¥

we got back home around 11:30pm and me and maddison went straight to bed.

I laid next to her for about an hour before i couldn't fall asleep, so i walked tot he kitchen to find a midnight snack. I search in the fridge and pull out some pineapple and watermelon and begin to munch.

It's not too long after that Alina walks in wrapped in her white silk robe and naturally waved hair.

She circles the counter and arrives to the stove then turns to the sink, filling the kettle with water.

"Tea?" she asks and i nod.

I put my fork down and set my hands in my lap. She puts the kettle on the stove and stands across the island from me.

"What's going on, baby?" she places her head in her palm as her elbow rests on the countertop.

"It's stupid really." she places one of my favorite mug in front of me and places a tea bag in it.

"If it's bothering you, it's not stupid, dear."

She pours the boiling water into both our mugs and places the kettle back.

I grab my mug and finally speak up "Someone told me something today, and it made me think."

"what'd they tell you?" she sips

"That 'we' weren't cut out for this job, referring to me and Leah. Like we chose to do this." i shake my head

"Baby, you cant let people's words get to you so much. You shouldn't let anyone tell what you can and can't do. That's for you to decide." she paused to round the island to wipe my tear away. "What you did today, wasn't the best idea, but that doesn't define you as a whole. You were given this life because you are capable of handling it." i place my head on her shoulder.

"I feel awful. Their daughter could've been hurt because of me." i sniffle

She comforts me for another ten minutes before she speaks again.

"How about me and your dad plan a dinner for tonight with the Rutherford's as a formal apology?" she asks

"I don't know if that's the best idea. They probably hate me. I know their son does."

"They don't hate you honey. They were simply worried about their daughter, as anyone would be. Me and your dad would have a heart attack if we found out anything happened to you." she holds her chest dramatically.

We both finish our tea and she wraps her arms around me into a secure hug before grabbing the mugs.

"Get some rest, alright? Breakfast can be delayed an hour or two today." she smiles placing the mugs to the sink.

I head towards the steps and i put on foot on the first step then i turn back around. "Thank you Lina."

"Anytime." she replies with a smile

"I love you" she whips her head to face me and her smile widens.

"Uhm- i- I love you too, baby"

¥¥¥

Instead of going into my room, i took the guest room to be more comfortable.

I snuggle into the cotton duvet and soon, the darkness envelops me and i succumb to sleep.

A/N: yayyyy. Met Xander did we?? I hope you didn't mind the mini, sappy, step mommy scene i threw in. I thought it was cute. Anyways, this chapter was around the normal word count. & if it wasn't clear, that was the first time Ellie told Lina she loved her. Big softie here. lol. hope you enjoyed. see you soon.

Stay Beautiful!