Nine: An Unexpected Friendship

Start from the beginning

I sighed. I don’t know if I should be happy to hear that he’s staying, or if I should be upset. Now there was really no way for me to get out of telling Chandler how I feel. With the safety net of him going back to Brittan and me never having to see him again gone, how am I going to deal with him knowing? “Are you…” I paused, thinking about my question. “Are you staying with him?”

She smiled again. “I’m just here to help him. With his apartment as well as some other…problems.” she told me as she got up and began walking to the stairs. The guess room is on this floor, so I assume she’s sleeping in the room with Chandler. Great. “By the way, darling.” she told be as she continued to walk up the stairs. “We’re going to find you a dress for your prom at some point this week.”

My jaw dropped open.

Dress shopping.

With Clair?

Chandler’s ex girlfriend?

Dress shopping?

I heard Chandler’s door close at the top of the stairs and I realized that I probably wasn’t going to get out of going with her unless I was extremely rude. And, of course, since Nick is probably going to get mad if I do that, he’ll threaten to tell Chandler, then I’ll end up going any way. On top of all that, the guy I’m in love with is sleeping in the same room as his “ex” girlfriend right next door to me. I sighed as I started to make my way up the stairs. I know this is going to be a very, very long night. But I might as well at least try to get some sleep. Again, I sighed. “My life sucks right now.”

----

April 4th, 2012

“What color and style were you thinking of?” Clair asked me as we walked side-by-side through the mostly empty mall. Yes, I actually came dress shopping with her. I mean, Misty is grounded -with the expiation of prom, of course- so who else am I supposed to shop with? Collin? My Mom? I honestly think Clair was the best choice. No matter who she used to date. Speaking of which, her and Chandler have been making it very hard to understand if they’re back together or not. “Nikki?” Clair repeated my name as we walked into the first store.

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts a bit. I’ve been dazing off so much lately. “Uhm, I hadn’t thought of that. What do you think?” I asked as we came to the first rack of dresses. I raised my eyebrow at the one closest to us. With it’s diamond shaped cut-outs on the side, the front cut down to your bellybutton, and the split in the side cut so high, you could see your whole leg, this dress clearly was for someone insane. Not to mention it was completely covered in purple, pink, yellow and red jewels. Clair and I exchanged worried looks as she slightly pushed the dress to the side.

“So nothing like this piece of rubbish, I assume.” She said with a laugh.

I nodded in agreement.

----

Three hours, four dress stores, two shoe stores, six tacos and 300 dollars later, we’d found the perfect dress. Or what Clair thought was perfect. I loved it, but I thought 300 bucks for a dress that I’m only going to wear once was a little ridiculous.

“Not at all!” Clair told me as we drove back to the house, while Aerosmith was our song of choice to blast through the windows. “I think that was cheap, actually. And it’s your senior prom, darling! You only have one.” she told me with another laugh. This girl laughs so much. That’s probably what made Chandler like her. I rarely laugh…or smile for that matter. “Do you have a date?”

I froze when she asked that. No one but me knew that I was going to prom with Page. And I didn’t think I’d have to tell anyone. Not until the day of, if that. “Uhm…” I fumbled for my words. If I tell her…and she tells Chandler…he’ll flip. I sighed as I gave that thought a rethink. If I tell Chandler’s prefect ex girlfriend who he maybe back together with, that I’m going to prom with his cousin, he’ll be upset. Yeah, right. He probably won’t even care. Knowing him and Nick, they’ll be shocked to know I was even able to get a date. “Chandler’s cousin, Page Alexander.” I told her firmly.

Her head snapped in my direction immediately, a shocked expression coating her face. The car even swerved a little before she regained control of herself and the car. “Page Alexander?” she said in shock. “Well goodness me. You seem to have such a thing for the Alexander family’s boys.” 

It was my turned to be shocked. “Excuse me?”

“Nothing, dear.” she said, laughing again as she turned onto the street that lead to my house. As we pulled into the driveway, I unlocked my door to get out. But it was quickly locked again. “If you’re going to be involved with Page, just know that he’s a…bit of a bad boy.” she told me. I thought she was lying at first, but would be her reason? “I just don’t want to see Chandler hurt Page when they’re just starting to get on good terms again.”

I frowned at her, confused by her words. Chandler hurt Page? Why would Chandler even care about who I date? “I don’t understand what you mean.” I told her in confusion.

She gave me a slight smile before she started pulling her bags together. “There are a lot of things you don’t know about yet.” she unlocked the doors, opening hers and dragging all of the bags with her. How she managed to buy that much stuff, then actually carry it and still look amazing, was beyond me. “But you’ll find out in due time, Nikki. In due time.” she said with a smile before slamming the door shut.

I sat there confused for a second. What did she mean by that?

---------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note: Alright, this is the filler chapter. Had to be done. So sorry! But, the next chapter is one to be excited about! It’s something you’ve been waiting for! :D

Vomment and fan, darlings!

-Lexi Rain