Meeting you for the 1st time

Chapter 2

I am awaken by the cold air that come from the ajar window beside me and I can see that it’s already dark outside, checking my watch it’s already 11:00 ‘o’clock. I must have been so tired suddenly my stomach mumbled that it needs something to grind. I wonder why Spencer didn’t wake me up. I missed eating with my Uncle, I got up, it takes me 10 minutes before reaching the kitchen, this house is really huge, and it took me a lot of time finding the kitchen. It‘s quite dark, good thing there’s a table lamp somewhere it helps. I’m heading towards the refrigerator door when suddenly I step on something that makes me out of balance and I’m going to fall then someone catches me. I leant on something soft and hard at the same time, it’s a chest and both hands on my waist then I look, I see two gray eyes staring, our face is just two inches apart I can feel his breathing I smell citrus and a very strong scent of perfume, I couldn’t move, it feels as if my hazel eyes is resting in his, my heart is pounding fast, though the table light is a little far from where we stand I could still see his face, his a little curly blonde hair his lips and his eyes which is mesmerizing.  “Who are you?” I was startled when he spoke without letting me go. I swallowed a couple before answering him. “I am Fiona?” I thought I forgot my name so I kind of ask it rather than stating it. He just stared at me waiting for me to continue my explanation. “I am Uncle Andrews’s niece.” I added. He probably recovered from what I’ve said he slowly let me go and I think he is a little bit disappointed. ”oohhh. I’m sorry; my father didn’t mention anything from me.” I was taken aback from what he said and confuse. “Father? Ah you mean Spencer?” He giggled. Oh man I just love the way he laugh. “No, your Uncle.” I was surprise and choked on my saliva from what he said it took me a lot of second before responding him. “Wait what? You mean? How on earth-you mean - you are my cousin?” “Since you are his niece and I am his son well, we are probably are.” He smile again seems relax now but me, I can’t seem to put the puzzle fit, because as far as I know Uncle Andrew didn’t have a son. And why does he have to be my cousin? Damn.”I’m Mackenzie; you can call me Mack and its nice meeting you Fiona. By the way what are you doing here? It’s late.” He offered me to sit opposite to him. “My stomach gets a little grumpy when I woke up. I overslept and skipped the dinner. Spencer not bothers waking me up seeing how exhausted I am from the trip.” He stands up get something out from the fridge and put it on the plate slides it to me. “I hope it helps.” Open the fridge again took the pitcher out and poured the orange juice in a glass and hand over to me. “Thank you Mack.” I just love how I spell his name for the first time. Oh my I shouldn’t have to fantasize my cousin for God sake what is happening to me though my Uncle needs to have a thorough explanation to me later. “It’s the least thing I can do.” “Anyway why are you still up?”I ask.”I just got home. Rose and I had to check on something at the museum and we didn’t realize it’s already late. She went directly to sleep and I drop by here to get a glass of water.” He explained to me while me chewing and nodding at him at the same time. “Is there more people in this house?” I ask excitedly. “Ah yes my whole team are here.” “Team? You mean the power rangers?” This will be more exciting.”Yes, how did you know about us? I thought it’s kind of a secret even from our relatives.” I smiled and kind of proud that I am the only one I know. “Will not from me. Uncle could not keep a secret from me.” We both laugh. Mack accompanied me through my room. “You are going to meet my team tomorrow.” I open the door of my room. “I look forward to that. So what color are you?” I ask him.”Secret, you will know then. Good night.” I am a little bit disappointed. “Good night.” My shortest reply, he smiled and wave goodbye.