I shook the thoughts away as I showered, seeing that my body wash had been used, too. After showering, I got dressed in black skinny jeans, a plain black tee and a blue and white flannel. I placed a black snapback on my head, before grabbing my keys and hopping into my car for the first time in over 3 months. (Daniella had dropped me off at my apartment previously.) It felt so fucking weird to be honest. 

I started driving the familiar route to Alex’s house, because Dans had told me they were all planning on having a movie night/sleepover after lunch yesterday.

I think I had been seated inside of the car, outside Alex’s house for about 10 minutes before I finally swallowed down whatever fear I had and walked up to the front door.

Why was I feeling like this? Well, maybe because your best mates have finally had enough of your shit, Hemmings. You’re scared that they’re going to turn their backs on you. You’ve got Daniella AND your parents back, you can’t fucking have it all, you selfish fuck.

I gulped as I raised my fist and knocked 3 times.

I heard the shuffling of feet and some laughter before the door was opened, with Calum standing in the door way.

“Oh my God” he breathed, staring at me in surprise.

Any chatter that had been going on previously had completely died down.

“Who is it?” I heard Ashton speak from not far away.

“Luke, mate” he grinned widely, pulling me in for a massive man hug, patting me on the back.

I heard gasps as my name rolled of Calum’s tongue, and sooner than I knew it I was held in a group embrace by the people that had always stood by me. It came as such a relief not to have that door slammed right back in my face, even though I really fucking deserved it. God, these guys (and girl) had been there for me through hell and back, how stupid could I be to even consider that they would turn their backs on me now?

The embrace came to an end, as everyone pulled away and someone, who I think was Michael shut the door behind us.

We all walked into the living room and I saw an unfamiliar girl, and I remembered Daniella mentioning something about Calum having a girlfriend now.

Still, I asked “Who’s this?”.

“This is my girlfriend, Allison” Calum smiled, and I could see in his eyes how much he liked her. I was happy for him, Calum was such a great guy and he deserved the absolute world.

“Hey” she smiled. “Hey” I smiled back.

“How long have you been back for?” Michael asked, and I noticed that the smile on his face hadn’t left since he had seen me.

“I got back last night. Mum and dad signed me out.” 

“WHAT?!” Calum screeched and I could tell by the look on everyone’s faces that they were just as surprised as I was.

I laughed, “Unless you’re 18, you need a parent or guardian to sign you out. My councillor contacted them, and they came. They… they fucking came. I couldn’t believe it, they’re back in my life. They even said sorry for what happened” I explained.

“That’s amazing man, I’m so happy for you.” Calum replied.

“I knew they’d come around” Alex spoke.

“So mate… Have you seen Daniella?” Ashton spoke, and hearing her name roll off his tongue made anger boil inside of me. I could tell he was nervous by the way he spoke, and I could tell that he probably regretted saying what he did.