Kasha looks in front of her and her face falls, “Are you kidding me?” Kasha yells as she steps out of the car, furiously slamming the door behind her as she makes her way to the front of the car. She retrieves the parking ticket from off the windscreen and curses every swear word that she can think of under her breath as she sits back into the car. “I’m pretty sure it says that you’re allowed to park here, the stupid ticket inspector doesn’t even know how to do his stupid job!” Kasha says as she slams the ticket down on the dashboard.

I can’t help but chuckle to myself as Kasha angrily protests. I then let out a sigh as I suggest, “Well you can always appeal right?”  

“Yeah, whatever,” she says, as she steers off into the busy road.

Ten minutes later Kasha parks outside of the apartment, “Do you want me to come up with you?” she asks.

“No, it’s fine,” I say as I lean forward and plant a kiss goodbye on her cheek.

“Okay, well I’ll see you later doll.”

“Bye,” I call out as I step outside and onto the busy sidewalk. I glide my way through the mass of busy people rushing to their homes from their hectic work lives. I step into the lobby and let out a sigh, closing me eyes as I take in the peaceful silence. I decide to take the stairs and slowly regret it as I reach the forth step. I pause and take a deep breath before continuing up the daunting stairs. Minutes later I am sprawled out on the large bed, a wave of tiredness suddenly hitting me as I sink my head into the pillow, closing my eyes and letting the world drift away.

Three hours later~

My ears awaken as I hear footsteps quietly pattering against the floor. The room suddenly falls silent as I slowly shift in the bed. The silence continues before the pattering footsteps resume, but suddenly a crashing sound fills the room and my eyes shoot open and my heart falls still as I hear something plummet to the floor. I sit upright and let out a sigh of relief as I see that it’s Damion crouched down on the floor picking up the fallen DVD’s’. “You scared me there, for a quick second I thought you were a burglar,” I say as I run my hands through my hair.

An apologetic expression fills his face, “I tried not to wake you, I’m sorry,” he apologises.

“It’s okay,” I say as I step out of bed, “Do you need any help?”

“Yeah sure,” he says, “I was pretty sure the DVD rack was on the other side of the room,” he says as he continues to stack the DVD’s. I chuckle as I bend down and pick up four DVD’s and stack them on his DVD rack.

“You’ve got so much DVD’s,” I say as I scan the numerous amounts of DVD’s sprawled out on the floor. I laugh out loud as I realise that I’m holding the chick flick, mean girls, “Mean girls, really?” I laugh.

He chuckles before saying, “Okay, that was my ex girlfriends, not mine.”

“Sure,” I sarcastically say, smirking as I playfully shove him, “I’m sure you’ve got a whole section filled with chick flicks.” 

He laughs before grabbing me closer and pecking my neck, which leads me to smile as he pulls away. We finish stacking the DVD’s in silence before standing up and making ourselves into the kitchen. “Are you hungry?” I ask as I squat down to the floor, looking through the cupboards as I contemplate what to eat.

“No, I had something to eat earlier,” he says.

“I’m going to make a sandwich,” I say as I open the fridge, looking for ham. My face lights up as I retrieve a packet of ham, butter and half a bag of bread. “My mum used to make me ham sandwiches every single day for school until I was fifteen,” I say.