three

1975;
PETTY ASSAULT AND SHOPPING

Two days after Leonie and Remus had had their heart to heart the pair of half breeds had arranged with their friends, and in Remus's case Dorcas Meadowes, to meet up in the wizarding tavern The Leaky Cauldron.

The Leaky Cauldron was a wizarding tavern in the middle of muggle Lomdon thats back alley acted as a doorway to the magical shopping plaza of Diagon Alley and its less favorable half; Knockturn Alley. And though the upper floors acted as a motel of sorts and the back alleyway as a door to another world the Leaky Cauldron was, first and foremost a bar which meant even in the middle of the day there was the odd alcoholic with chapped lips a hungry, never sated eyes stationed at the bar.

Leonie wrapped her arms around herself, she slipped the cuffs of her loose sweater further down her hands, pasts her knuckles as she amd Peter waited for Remus to return from the bathroom and the others to show up.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked his half-veela friend. He was a plump boy with rosie cheeks and wide blue eyes that conatantly seemed on the verge of tearing up whether it be from excitement or fear.

"Yeah," Leonie said weakly, she shifted her her weight as she felt an old mans gaze burn into her back. She hated it; that despite the fact she was wearing one of Remus' old sweaters and a pair of baggy jean pants Dorcas had given her men still staired as if she were a peice of meet up for grabs.

"I don't believe that," Peter murmered. Leonie smiled weakly at the boy. Dorcas had once asked why Potter and Black and Lupin kept Pettigrew around. The darker skinned girl, before Leonie had corrected her, speculated that it was because he acted as the other threes personal cheerleader only to be told it was because he was kind. Peter Leonie had said Is a nice boy, he's loyal and always there. James might be the mother henn but Peter he's there when you need to talk, like really talk.

"I just," Leonie sighed, "I don't like people looking at me, you know?" Peter nodded. Leonie could feel Peter's empathy and confusion and self hatred.

"I get why I wouldn't want people looking at me but why don't you?" You're beautiful went unsaid. It always did, How can you have problems you're beauiful?

"'Cause of how they look at me," Leonie said. Very slightly she jerked her head to the man hunched over at the bar, staring her down, and every so often licking his lips.

"Oh." Peter frowned and glared at the older man. The man paided Peter no mind and as Leonie shifted her weight and Peter sucked in a deep breath, gathering the courage to say- to do -something, Remus emerged from the loo.

Like both Leonie and Peter, who despite the unusually warm English weather, the teenage werewolf wore a sweater and long pants.

He smiled brightly as stepped up next to Leonie, his arm absentmindly wrapped around her waist and his hand pressed flatly aginst her hip.

"So what're we talking about?" Remus wondered brightly.

"Just about what pranks you boys are going to pull this year," Leonie lied, she smiled up at Remus. Peter shot her a questioning look which she ignored.

"Coming up with ideas already Pete?" Leonie looked at Peter pleadingly and though he didn't know why she didn't want Remus to know about the man at the bar or how she felt in general he conceeded with a believable nod.

"Yeah I was thinking about charming the furniture in the Ravenclaw common to fly. Cause you know, Ravenclaw." The pudgy boy said somewhat awkwardly. Peter knew Remus was his friend and if Remus and the others hadn't wanted him around in the past five years they would have voiced it; Peter also sort of knew he was just as brilliant as his friends but as Remus stood there with the sun from the windows shining on his face and a bright, brilliant smile, Peter couldn't help but feel like he fell ten miles short.