Chapter 32

haha here's the first chandler pov im excited ok bye

------

- Chandler -

Bernie led Luke and I into their town's animal shelter. The entire way he gripped the back of my neck and pulled on Luke's arm to cause us pain for fun.

"Why can't you just let us go." I growled as we entered the first room in which looked like an office. Considering the fact that walkers or theives like these people most likely invaded this town and wrecked it, this shelter looked as if you could still purchase a pet.

"Because. There ain't no more laws, ain't no more limits." Bernie replied and spit a lugie onto the tiled floor. There was just barely enough moonlight to see where he was leading us. "We can do whatever the fuck we want, and one of those things is to keep all you little ones off the streets and put you to use until we get the chance to get rid of ya."

My throat was beginning to slightly close. These guys are going to hurt Riley.

"What are you going to do with us."

Bernie chuckled and shoved us into a new room.

"Just shut your damn mouth and you'll live longer."

The room was more like a dark corridor. Ceiling lights flickered down the stretch. On both sides were cages. Now that I could listen closely there were whoops and hollers, followed my barks and yips. What is this?

"You, this one right here." He flung Luke inside an open cage door. Luke tried to fight back by swinging at Bernie's jaw, but he had failed. Bernie swatted away and connected his fist into Luke's cheek, and then his stomach. Finally as I watched with fear, Bernie kicked Luke into the cage and slammed it closed.

"Don't fucking try anything. Get your ass in there." The abusive man tugged onto my neck and put me into the cage two down from Luke.

I didn't want to be as hurt as he did, so I did not resist.

"We feed you whenever we find the time. You get one pair of extra clothes and all that shit. Other than that, enjoy your stay." Bernie said with a nasty sneer.

Luke finally spoke his feelings. "Oh fuck you."

In response, Bernie laughed histerically, and exited the building.

"Nice one." A smooth voice broke the silence.

I had forgotten; there were obviously others in here. Maybe they were just like Luke and I.

"Who are you?" I asked the voice. When he spoke I could tell he was in the cell directly across from me.

"Who cares? We're going to die anyways, so why start learning names? Just call me The Prick or maybe even Carrot Top." The boy ranted. He sounded just about my age but maybe brattier and weaker.

"Shut up, just shut up." Another voice whined from my left. "It's bad enough you can barely get sleep in the first place, and the one time any of us get to you open your freaking trap."

The first voice scoffed; "Oh please. These two just got here. Hey, Mitch, say hi to the next newbies."

It went silent, until a deep, grown tone introduced himself. "I'm Mitch. Derrick's son and the least of the idiots in here."

Four different laughs cackled from side to side.

I turned my head when the sound of metal on metal echoed towards me.

The boy who I'm guessing was Mitch stuck his arms through the bars of his cage cell, which was one to my left across from me. He was tall and blonde, a plain young teenager with a few piercings.

"Bernie was right." He mumbled, "Keep your mouth shut and my dad and all the other assholes here won't kill you at first."

There was something about this boy that made me get chills. But he seemed as if he could help Luke and I to find Riley.

I leaned forward against the bars to get a better view of all the cages.

"We can't be here. My..." Girlfriend? Friend? Sister? What is Riley to me? "I need to get to someone. Your dad brought her somewhere and I will do anything for her not to get hurt."

"There are plenty of girls there. She's already got a small chance of being picked for the day." Mitch replied as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Being picked for what? Sexual harassment?" I raised my voice.

"You got it." He stated.

I was angry. I needed to get to her. The three of us were getting out of here, with or without others. Who knows where Bruno is, probably dead.

What if Riley is too? What in hell do I do then? She was there for me since that day in the airport. It has only been a little over a week but she's it.

"So your saying all those girls are going to get raped and assaulted and you dick heads aren't going to do anything about it?" I shouted once again. There was an image that was beginning to form in my mind, and I needed to kick it out.

"No asshole. Four days ago, those two dumbasses got here. They had a girl too; just like you do. But they know she's alright because when we go to work, thats when its her turn. She's a little torn up but she ain't gettin' pregnant." Mitch explained.

He gestured toward the two voices, and then to me and Luke.

"How am I supposed if my girl is okay?" I whimpered.

"You don't. But you will see her around. They aren't prisoners, just toys. Grown men these days." He answered.

"Can we stop talking about this?" The first voice asked. Then he stepped out of the shadows of his cage and into the light so I could see his face.

He had light curly hair, he was caked in dirt and blood, and his preppy clothing was tattered and slightly ripped in spots. I had expected him to be some idiotic jock boy by his tone. But instead, he seemed like the single child with a dark past kind of kid.

He looked up and frowned. I guess Luke and I weren't the only unfortunate ones. "What's your name?" He asked me.

"Chandler."

His frown turned into a grin. "Hmm. I knew I recognized you." I rolled my eyes.

"What's your name?" I asked in return.

"Why should I trust you in telling you that?" He smirked.

"Well, the world is over, in addition to the fact we are in a huge pile of shit."

The boy shifted his leaning position and nodded.

"I'm Ashton. The depressed smart ass over there," He pointed to the cell in between Luke and I. "That's Freddie."

------

HAHAHAHAhahahaha.