"Sorry, but Mer-"

"That's Queen America," I correct him.

"Queen America, we had a whole week where we didn't have to be formal. I'm giving my opinion now on an educational level, assessing the situation as something you should've waited on. I'm just trying to help you." He sighs.

"Too late for your educational level now, I mean, it's done. Sorry you don't agree." I turn my back on him and walk the rest of the way to my family's rooms.

He could've been a little more supportive, but who cares about what he thinks? I don't need his approval.

I reach my family's room. I knock on the door. I put on a forced smile as May answers the door.

"America!" she exclaims. In a hush tone, she adds, "How's your tummy?"

I laugh. "It's fine. Hurts sometimes, but I'll be alright."

"So you heard we're moving into our new house," she says.

I nod. "I'll help you pack."

Mom smiles as I walk in. "America, you look beautiful as always." I smile an hug her.

We pack. Now that Mom, May and Kenna have tons of dresses their maids made for them, it takes a lot of bags to pack everything.

"Hi, Mom," I say as I help her pack her bags.

"Hi, sweetheart. How's everything going? And how was your honeymoon? Sorry I didn't get to see you as soon as you came home. We didn't hear you were home- we were too busy packing!"

I smile. "That's all right. Maxon and I needed some space anyway. The honeymoon was great. I had so much fun."

"And how's the baby?"

I blush. "Well, other than the pains, I barely even know the baby's there."

"You should tell Gerad and Kenna."

Nodding, I walk over to Gerad and take a deep breath. He's still young, so he might not understand. And there is no way I'm explaining that to him.  

"Um, hi, Gerad. How's everything been?"

"Good," he says. "I missed you. Did you... have fun with Maxon?" He grins at me, the innocent smile that I've known for so long. He doesn't look older necessarily, but he looks much more mature. Our father's death must've forced him to grow up too fast.

"Yeah," I respond. "We had a lot of fun. Being at the beach for a week was great." I hesitate. "And I'm pregnant."

Gerad drops the clothes he was holding, his mouth hanging open. I fake a smile.

"You did... it?" he asks.

I gasp. So he does know. "Gerad, shut up!"

He sighs. "That's gross. You're way too young." He bends down, grabs the clothes he dropped, and goes back to packing. I take a deep breath and walk over to Kenna.

"Hey, Kenna."

She looks up. As soon as she sees me, she jumps up and hugs me. "How'd the honeymoon go?" she exclaims.

"Great, I had so much fun!" I say.

She picks up her baby and cradles it. "Hey, America?"

I look into her eyes.

"You wanna hold her?"

I gasp. So this is what being a mother is. I'll have to get used to holding a baby.

Kenna gently puts her in my arms, and I look down at her. She's so adorable and innocent... But I'm not ready. I'm not ready to raise a child. I'm not ready to have a baby. I'm just not ready.

I feel like I'm about to puke. I quickly put the baby back in Kenna's arms and run to the bathroom. And I puke.

After I'm done, I compose myself and take deep breaths. I'll have to tell Kenna another time. I'm not up for it.

I clean myself up and walk out. I don't make eye contact with anyone, even though they're all staring at me. I exit and close the door.

Sitting down with my back against the wall, I close my eyes and try to think of why I'm suddenly a nervous wreck. I was just excited about having a baby! What happened?

I don't notice the door open, but suddenly Kenna is sitting next to me.

"America, I have to ask you something." I look over at her, and she's holding her baby. I try to keep calm.

I nod nervously.

"Are you pregnant?" she whispers.

I don't respond. My mouth opens wide. How did she know?

"H-how did you know?" I put my hands on my head. "Is it obvious?"

She shakes her head wildly. "No! I was just pregnant, I know the signs. You've been slightly moody, and you seemed nervous around my baby. And then you puked. How long have you known?"

"Three or four weeks," I reply.

"Yep. You're going to start puking. It's normal. Have you been having pains?"

I nod.

"That's normal. Trust me, honey; you'll be okay. It's scary at first but then it becomes easier. You and Maxon will be great parents, I'm sure of it."

She helps me up and hugs me. I hold her for a long time. Maybe she will help me, not Mom. I hope she will. I'll need a bunch of guidance.

For what seems like a long time, we sit there talking. About what to eat, how to feel and how to act. She told me how to cover for it if I don't want people to know. And she told me how to handle Aspen.

"Thank you so much, Kenna. I'm so glad you're here to help me. I'm going to need a bunch of help, trust me," I admit.

"But at the same time, you'll do just fine," she says with a grin. "Now I have to go now. You treat yourself well."

"I will." I hug her one last time, and then peek my head in the room to say goodbye one last time. They'll be right next door, so they'll still be close.

Walking back to my room, I don't bother trying to suppress a grin. I'm not going to let Aspen's opinion or anyone else that thinks I'm wrong get in my way. This is my life, and Maxon's and my baby.

No one can decide anything for me but me.