Chapter 13: Behind The Blue Line

Start from the beginning

"I need to get my men in there" the man argues as Alex hands the blueprints to Eddie and places a hand on Spikes shoulder making him move back so she can step in.

"We don't care about you having to get your men inside! I have to get my team inside so we can find the shooter who did this to your leg. Sir, we're asking you again, are you sure you can't recall any detail of where the shots came from?" Alex asks quickly causing the man to look up at her shocked.

"I didn't see anyone alright? Why don't you get in there and put my tax dollars to work?!" the man argues and Alex smirks.

Alex then looks over at the medic. "May I?" she asks curiously and the medic smiles.

"Absolutely" he says as he leans forward and begins to unwrap the man's wound.

"What the hell you doing?" the man in the stretcher asks quickly and Alex smiles at him.

"Well, you should know that I seriously don't like men with attitude, and what you can't tell us, your wound will" Alex explains.

The medic quickly takes off the bandage and the man hisses in pain as the air touches it. "Dammit!" he snaps.

"Small bore, downwards strafe. The shot came from somewhere high" Alex answers.

"Which way were you facing?" Spike then asks.

"What?" the man asks rudely.

"Relative to the front door. Which way were you facing?" Alex then asks a little louder as she points towards the front door.

"That way" the man says as he nods his head in the direction making Alex look the way he said.

"Ok, so West" she says as she walks towards Eddie as he opened the blueprints.

"So the shots came from around here somewhere?" Alex questions as she points at a spot.

"Yup" Eddie nods and then looks back at the man.

"Thank you sir" he says and the team walks towards the entrance.

"I've got uniforms on every door. Nobody's been in or out. The guy's likely in there" Wordy explains as Alex walks towards him followed by the team and Greg walks towards him from the opposite direction.

"Could be more than one guy" Leah states.

"So everybody else is out of the building?" Alex questions curiously.

"Security company says so. There's one guard unaccounted for, but he's on end of shift. Probably gone home, they're trying to confirm" Wordy says.

"Alright, good. Let's keep it contained. Jules?" Eddie questions.

"Copy that. I'm gonna find you a place to command post inside" Jules says through the headset as she types away on keyboards in the command truck.

"Copy" Alex says and then looks over at Eddie.

"Eddie?" she questions curiously and he nods his head leading the way inside.

Team one holds up their guns as they enter the building and slowly make their way inside. "April 2nd, 1957. You know who played here? The Memphis Flash" Greg whispers excitedly as he walks in the middle of the team not holding a gun.

"Boss, focus" Eddie states.

"The king!" Greg continues and Alex snickers.

Alex leads the team towards the hall, leading into the arena, and they all follow behind her slowly. Alex goes to walk out further, but Spike quickly pulls her back. "Hold, hold, hold" he whispers as he holds her close and points at a small box on the wall.