Chapter 5: Clean Hands

The next morning Alex walks towards the guys locker room after getting changed and ready to go. She knocks on the door and hears laughing. "Yeah, it's clear" Eddie's voice laughs as Alex walks in and looks at them all confused.

"We could put chili peppers in her smoothie?" Spike suggests with a smile on his face. "No. No, shaving cream in her locker. Put shaving cream in her locker!" Lou answers excitedly. "That is a great idea....What are we, in summer camp? We're gonna short sheet her bed next? Come on, she's a ten years vet. She's been hazed by the best. We gotta come up with something good. Something real good" Eddie admits with a smirk on his face.

Alex looks at all of them with her arms crossed. "Seriously?" she sighs and Eddie quickly turns around and holds a finger up to her lips. "Shh!" he states as he then looks back at Sam. "Sam, any ideas?" he questions. "Do we really need to haze her? I mean, she's not gonna be here forever, right?" Sam questions concerned, as he worries about Jules. "No, but we wanna make her feel like she's part of the team, right?" Eddie then questions bluntly "We don't know when Jules is gonna be back" Eddie smiles as he takes his finger away from Alex's lips slowly.

"Guys, after the escort today, we take all the Kevlar out of her vest, we fill it with cream cheese, then we do the obstacle course. First time she falls flat on her face...instant hilarity" Spike laughs as he claps his hands together. Alex chuckles under her breath and shakes her head slowly. "You know what? You're a genius. Alright, Wordy, get a camera for that" Eddie demands and everyone looks towards Wordy to see a serious look on his face.

"What are you? Mr. Mature all of a sudden? Come on, who's the guy that put the pepper spray in Spike's gear his first day, huh?" Eddie questions loudly. Spike points his finger and smiles. "Wordy!" he yells. "It's like you said, we're not dealing with some rookie here. She deserves a chance to settle in. Make a good impression. Then you get the boots with the cream cheese-" Wordy explains as a smile inches onto his face.

"Hey boys!" Donna's voice cheers as she walks into the locker room. All the guys and Alex freeze and look at her surprised as Sam rolls his eyes and looks back at his locker. Donna then walks slowly towards a shirtless Wordy and grins. "Hey, Wordy, that escort job we have to today, I could use the shield refresher...that we talked about" she says as she looks down to the floor and then back up to his face, causing Spike to laugh behind her. "Okay" Wordy says emotionless as he stands still.

"Sure. Five minutes?" Wordy continues quickly. "Mm-hmm" Donna replies, just as fast. "Awesome" Wordy states. "Take your time" Donna nods as she snickers. "Okay, See you out there" Wordy smiles. "Alright" she smiles as she turns back around to face everyone. "Gentlemen....Alex. You just hang out in the Men's locker room all the time?" she smiles and Alex nods her head. "Yeah. Most of the time" Alex replies. "Okay" Donna smiles. Alex nods her head and smiles as Donna walks out of the locker room. "But, unlike you, I knock" Alex then says and everyone laughs. Sam suddenly slams his locker door and walks out of the locker room quickly. "Someone's grumpy" Lou states quietly. "No, someone just doesn't know how to play fair" Alex explains frustratedly and then quickly follows after Sam.

"Sam!" Alex yells as she runs up the hall after him. "Go away, Alex!" Sam snaps quickly. "Excuse me?" Alex questions shocked, causing Sam to stops and take a deep breath. "That's what I thought" Alex states quietly as she stands in front of him. "Look, I know you miss Jules, but you have to get over yourself. Donna is here, now. Jules is welcome back, whenever she feels ready to come back. But, you need to learn to control this anger of yours, because it's really stupid and childish" she argues as she looks Sam in the eyes. "Sure thing...Boss" Sam mumbles and then turns to walk away.

***

Back in the training room Donna hands Wordy a shield. "I'd say you got our attention" he snickers as he takes the shield from her hands. "Well, I was just trying to throw you guys off a little bit. Spare myself the whip cream in the boot trick for a day or two" Donna laughs as Wordy shuts the door to the weapons room and locks the door. "Yeah, well you know the drill" he sighs as he starts to walk down the hallways, followed closely by Donna.