17.) nothing was there

Start from the beginning

"Well, yes, they're very comfy. Now you can stop asking that," She laughed, opening the bag of chips. It made a loud popping noise when it opened, echoing throughout the empty dorm.

We heard footsteps down the stairs. Crawling to my legs and arms, I peeked past the wall. "I sensed food in our presence," Draco sniffed.

"Come on and eat brunch with us," Rainbow invited. Taking a seat beside us with his own sandwich he pulled out of our lunch box-thing, he sighed. "We should actually do something," He pitched.

     "Kinda hard to when your home is being destroyed," Rainbow shrugged. "That doesn't mean it should constantly feel depressing," I frowned, "no one likes that feeling."

     "Well duh. It's an awful feeling. And it amazes me how some people never feel it in their lifetimes," She said. It went silent as we ate.

     "Maybe we should do something. We've just been cooped up in here," Draco suggested, biting into his sandwich. "Maybe we can show you guys around the town. That'd be fun," I shrugged, taking a drink from my water.

"I'm down for that," Draco agreed. "Me too. Let's ask the others," Rainbow urged. "We have to wait for them to wake up, Rainbow," I stopped her.

"But what if they sleep late? Then our day will be wasted," Draco defended. "Fine. Let's wake them up," I gave in.

We finished our sandwiches and drank our drinks, then hurried upstairs to wake them up. Pushing the door open slowly, we peeked into the room that was once my old bedroom during the school-year.

"Guys?" I inquired quietly. "Funneh, you're being too quiet. We would still be able to hear a pin drop at that noise level," Rainbow sighed.

"Guys!" Draco screamed. They all sat up quickly, jumping at the startling noise. "Draco!" I elbowed him. "It's not like they would be waking up at your words," Draco shrugged.

"Sorry about waking you guys up but we didn't know if you were gonna wake up late or not." I rubbed the back of my neck. "It's fine. I really don't want to sleep in," Gold shrugged, stretching.

"I need my sleep, y'know," Kyran groaned. "I don't mind, dearies. I love a good morning," Ms. Glare smiled at us. "You interrupted my sleep," Lunar pouted.

"You could be a vampire at the amount of time you spend indoors, Lunar. I think you deserve to get out a little bit," I rolled my eyes with a smile. "I don't like trying new things," She frowned.

     "That's what you said when you met us. Now hurry up and get ready," Rainbow instructed. "Why?" Gold and Kyran asked at the same time.

      "We were wondering if you guys wanted to see and show the others the city? It'd be really fun," I inquired. "Sure," Gold and Lunar agreed. Kyran shrugged.

     "How about it, pa? Wanna come with us?" Rainbow smiled. "Oh, I'd love to, Creampuff, but my legs don't do so well when it comes to walkin' 'round for long periods of time. Maybe another time," He shook his head.

      "And you, mom?" Gold looked at her mother. "Oh, I don't wanna leave Rainbow's poor pops all alone here. You all go have fun. You're young, go live your lives, sweethearts," Ms. Glare gave us a cheery smile.

     "If you say so, ma'am," Lunar shrugged, getting up. Gold and Lunar got up. "Kyran, you don't sound so sure on going. You don't have to, y'know," Rainbow explained. "I actually was gonna go somewhere to meet up with someone. Can I? It's fine if you don't want me to—" Draco cut him off.

     "Dude, just go and have fun," He chuckled. "Really?" Kyran inquired. "Yeah, now go!" We all rushed him.

When Kyran was done getting ready, he left after saying goodbye. Then we all took our own turns for getting ready.