Part 4: Memories

We keep running until we hear no walkers. The baby was crying and I was hungry and tired. I told Mike we needed to find shelter before it was dark. He agreed. We kept walking and every now and then I would have to kill a walker. It was getting dark and my stomach was as loud as thunder. We made it into a neighborhood and we settled in a house. The baby was crying and I couldn't blame him. It was dark, we were tired, and we were hungry. Luckily there were no walkers in the house.

"Check for food or, meds, or anything we could use." Mike said to me.

I just nodded and i went into the kitchen. I found an energy bar and then remembered when I was in the drugstore with Lee and how he gave me one and took care of me. I swallowed to keep the tears from coming. I shoved the bar in my pocket. I also found a can of beans. I remember Sam and how he just wanted some food. I shook my head and looked at the ugly scar he gave me it was still sore from stitches.

I look around just finding empty cans then, I look at the fridge. I tear up. There was a piece of paper that said "I❤️ you mom and dad". I look at my hat and I cry for a few minutes. Then, I remember I would see them and Lee someday. Then, I head upstairs and peek into the first room I see.

"Oh my god" I say.