[Ch. 40]

"WE NEED O NEG, CHEST TUBES, PAGE ORTHO AND CARDIO" Hinata yells out commands in her hospital after guiding those to the waiting area for Izuku.

She soon sees Katsuki holding onto Kami like it's the last thing he has. She walks over holding her arms out for her child.

"Let me check her"

Katsuki immediately hands his daughter to Hinata before grabbing her arm crying.

"Come with me Katsuki. You can't be alone" Hinata frowns bringing Katsuki into a pediatric exam room.

The two stand over Kami seeing her squirm while Hinata our cooling gel on her burn while Katsuki kept her on the table. Both were silent while doing this which made Hinata look up at Katsuki seeing his eyes water.

"Freckles will be okay....okay?" She frowns suddenly tearing up and breaking in tears while still doing her work. "He'll be okay..."

Katsuki bursts into tears when she did as the two of them continue to cry and worry for Izuku while Momo and other attendants and nurses were helping him in the ER to the OR and soon recovery.

Few hours pass as Izuku was still in the OR while the two waited in the attendant lounge with their children close to them. Hinata runs her hand through Taren's hair gently.

"Freckles.."

"Huh..." Katsuki looks up frowning while Kami slept in his arms.

"He was the anonymous donor for Taren. Hence why his hair has little green specks which I adore..." Hinata smiles for the moment as it fades while her tears developed more. "He...always finds a way to be with us...."

Katsuki frowns looking down at Kami seeing her flutter her eyes as her eyes were Izuku's. He smiles before bringing her closer to his face as he kisses her cheek gently nuzzling her.

"He's..always here" He says crying again as the door opens showing Todoroki with an evidence bag walking over setting it on the table.

"The stuff they found of Midoriya's at the scene" Todoroki says calmly as Katsuki sets Kami in the baby seat before letting all the stuff out seeing all of his eyes were intact, his wallet was charred but the stuff inside stayed safe, glasses weren't there since they turned to dust, the earring ripped off his ear, and finally...his wedding ring.

Katsuki frowns picking it up looking at it still intact as he sees the engraving which made him tear up even more. He held it close crying as Hinata was suddenly paged 911. She hands Taren off to Todoroki before running to the OR to help Momo with Izuku.

"Shoto..."

"Yes...?"

"I don't want my husband to die" Katsuki says crying more as Todoroki gets up setting Taren next to Kami before hugging his friend.

"He'll be okay....I promise.."

Three more hours pass as Katsuki lays on the couch with Taren and Kami laying on him while they slept. Hinata walks in with her scrubs looking at him as she smiles crying. Katsuki was about to get up quickly until Hinata stops him so their kids could sleep.

"He's okay...he's in recovery in the ICU...our Izuku is okay Katsuki" Hinata smiles crying as she sees Katsuki crying. She smiles wiping away his tears seeing him smiling under all the tears.

Minutes went by as Hinata puts her kids in the daycare of the hospital before walking Katsuki to the ICU seeing Izuku on a ventilator, double chest tubes, big incision on his chest, his right arm in a forearm cast, heavy bandages on both of his legs, a butterfly bandage on his eyebrow, and a bandage on his left cheek. Katsuki frowns seeing Izuku in this condition as he makes his way to his side holding his left hand gently feeling Izuku squeeze.