i frowned, "what we gonna do?"

well for one i gotta show you a around the place...oh! and i gotta my tat finished up at the shop I go to. Then we hittin the club and TON UP! " she exclaimed.

i couldnt help laughing. " woman that is now how i sound saying turn up "

Being from the caribbean i of course had an accent and Anika would try immitate certain words or phrases like i said them. Most of the time it just came off completely wrong though.

" well whatever, we got a full day planned so you been warned, " she ended.

I was still laughing, " yeah yeah whatever. Get out of my way, I need to get ready for this last orientation session " i said as I scooted off my bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

*Aug POV*

The next day was pretty dope. Noonie brought me down to the studio and i met up with a few others like Chile, Jeff and Lindsey. They were all part of the Noontime music company.

After a few hours of talking and messing around on a few beats, Noonie took me to lunch.

" hey noonie, you know any good artists in the city. I wanna get another tatt. " i asked while chewing pretty unmannerly on my burger.

"hell yea man. my tattoo artist charity is a bad bitch. we can go down there when we done eating if you want. It aint too far." he said.

"aight man, for sure. " i replied taking my last bite.

Charity real was dope. I spoke to her bout what i had envisioned for a new tattoo and within a few mins she sketch that shit up perfectly. As i sat in the chair almost an hour later finishing the tattoo. Two girls walked in...one of them was yapping away about God knows what. The second girl though didnt seem to interested, and our eyes instantly met as she entered the shop.

*Eva POV*

It was 2:30 in the afternoon that Friday and i was already tired. Anika had taken.me to every possible place in atlanta i think while running errands. The grocery store, post office, nail salon. And now we were heading to the tattoo shop so she could get her newest tattoo colored. I was pretty fed up and just wanted to press pause on the day.

" and can you believe that Beyonce is pregnant?? I still cant! shit im excited like im the baby daddy or something! " she went on as we got out the car to approach the pink walled tattoo shop named City of Ink.

As soon as i opened the glass doors I noticed this young man sitting in the chair staring right at me. In fact he was pretty good looking, but i didnt want to stare so instantly shifted my eyes elsewhere.

"heyyy char char! " Anika shouted referring to the tattoo artist who had just finished tattooing the cute boy.

i sat to the side until Anika introduced me to the tattoo artist whose name was Charity.

" This my roommate Eva, " she said and i noticed the guy turn his head in our direction at those words.

"ok Anika you're up next, " charity said. And Anika did so.

As i sat on the side flipping through a magazine, I noticed the same guy come over and sit right next to me. wth i thought he was done!

*Aug Pov***

As soon as the girl noticed me gazing at her. She shyly looked elsewhere and avoided eye contact. shit aug! I thought to myself. you just moved here and you already got people thinking you a stalker nigga.

I pretended not to pay attention to the girl while her friend spoke uncontrollably to Charity.

I did notice enough though. She was slim and light brown skin. Not a huge behind but it definitely fit her frame. Her hair was down and she was super pretty, not overly made up like a lot of girls. but juat right...couldnt help thinking that something about her was different than other chicks, good typa different.

i heard her say her name was Eva and their was an accent, couldnt put my finger on it but it was hella sexy. like "eevah " simply rolled off her tongue. I looked over again just to be sure it was her talking and not her friend or anything.

As her friend took a sit, i was about to call Noonie so we could leave. but decided fuck it. I had to at least say something to this girl. something was compelling me to.

i walked over and sat right next to her. " so are you thinking of gettin a tattoo too ? " i said to strike up a convo.

" oh no, i actually been thinking of getting one a long time now. but still dunno what i want it to be, " she answered in that accent beautiful accent again.

" so u aint got not one? " i asked as i lookes at her for any sign of ink.

"noopee, i think im also too afraid to do it too, " she answered with a smile this time.

Her smile was infectious. "im August, and your name Eva right? " i said sensing a good vibe in the convo.

"yea " she said, " well the whole thing is actually Evangeline but i dont really like it so most call me Eva for short. "

" you dont like it?? i think thats a cool name. In fact there's dis statue down in my city called Evangeline. i on remember the story behind it but know the name. "

she really opened up now. " well that means youre either from Nova scotia up in canada or New orleans because thats the only 2 places with a statue of evangeline...and judging by your accent i will go with Louisiana. "

wow she was really smart. " so whatchu mean, a nigga couldnt be from canada with this accent ? " and we both burst out laughing at my question.

*Eva Pov*

I didnt understand why he came sit next to me but the next thing i know we're having a full blown conversation. His name was August and he had such a smooth southern accent. Once he mentioned he was from a city with a statue titled evangeline I knew it was Nola. Apparently that silly google search i did on my name a few yrs ago came in handy! haha

August was a pretty down to earth person as far as i could tell. But before we really got going into more in depth talking Anika was done.

" well hello. " she said interrupting August and I laughter.

" oh hey nini..this is August. August this is my friend Anika. " i said introducing them

" making cute friends i see, " Anika replied to me with an impressed look on her face. I rolled my eyes.

" well August sorry to have to interrupt you guys but we really have to get going " Anika said. i smiled gently at August although feeling disappointed.

" oh naww thats cool. i need to get goin myself. been here for over 3 hrs. " he answered understandably.

" well eva it was a pleasure to meet a fellow newcomer to the city like myself "

he said to me

"same here. " was all i could manage to reply.

" uhh whats your #? maybe I could hit you up with some ideas for your firsr tatt. " he said.

" oh crap. I havent gotten a phone here as yet since I moved. im sorry. " I replied feeling like an idiot for not going to the t-mobile store as yet.

i also had the feeling i wouldnt be seeing August very soon if we ended it just like that.

" hey august, we are gonna be at club luminus tonight. you should come through " said Anika saving the day.

" yea? aight. i on know where dat is but imma tell my nigga. hopefully we could stop by there, " he said smiling at me while he said it.

see why I love that girl? And with that he walked out the shop. I couldn't help thinking that this new friend would turn out to be a very good one.

*** end of chapter*****

Thanks for reading!!!