3. You Better Run While You Can

1 year later

1 year later. . .

Dear Dad,

I have been attending the Salvatore boarding school for one year exactly and it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm still working on my anger issues over the smallest things, which I think I get from you as Alaric told me all about you and how you killed so many people including his wife; that also happens to be your sister. I'm also great friends with Lizzie and Josie my cousins that you tried killing multiple times and I just want to say they're very powerful almost making me crave that kind of power as I'm a siphoner just like you were. I just wish that you didn't have to try and merge with your sister and maybe you could've raised me and so I could have a normal life, but that just happens in the movies.... right?

"Nixie!" Lizzie barged into her best friends room surprising Nixie causing her to jump; which made Lizzie laugh.

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" Nixie sassed as she got out of her bed after putting her diary underneath her pillow.

Lizzie laughed ignoring her question. "The new boy Rafael is here and let me just say he's a hottie that I'm calling dibs on." Lizzie hooked her arm with Nixies as they walked out of the room together to go meet Rafael.

"You can't just call dibs on a boy Lizzie. Anyone is going to try and get with him until he's unavailable, but there is still a good chance girls here won't care like you for example." Nixie explained.

"Hey!" Lizzie slapped Nixies arm taking offense to what she said, but part of her knew it was true so it hurt her a little.

"What's going on with you and MG?" Lizzie changed the topic so it wasn't all on her.

"He hasn't talked to me for two weeks now and I'm starting to freak out. ." Nixie explains as her breathing started to get worse and Lizzie could feel her tense up causing her to rub her back.

"I can talk to him if you want or even Josie-"

"No!" Nixie said harshly pulling away from Lizzie.

"I'm sorry it's just I just think I have to be the one to talk to him when I find the right words. So you go ahead and meet Rafael and I'm going to go find MG."

As Lizzie went to go give the new boy a tour Nixie walked in the opposite direction to go find MG. The boy she was practically in love with since the first night she got here. When he convinced her to stay at the boarding school and they talked all night long until he found the room she would be staying in since Hope kicked her out.

"MG!" Nixie shouted with a small wave trying to get the boys attention as he was with other vampires. But he didn't even glance at her, so she decided to walk over and put her hand on his shoulder softly. She just didn't expect him to pull away.

"Can you just leave me the hell alone Nixie?" MG shouted making the guys behind him laugh and walk away with MG leaving an upset Nixie.

Nixie let a tear fall from her eye as she watched MG walk away with his friends laughing. She clenched her first trying not to make him regret yelling at her, so she turned the opposite way into the forest. Trying to get as far away as the school as possible but as she was walking fast she ran into someone knocking her to the ground.

"Oh shit! My bad." A light skinned boy apologized as he held out his hand to help her up.

Nixie just ignored the boy who was already saying something else. She started jogging into the woods as more anger consumed her, which she needed to release.

Nixie closed her eyes and moved her hand upwards and as she did that a tree broke off of its roots. She then moved her hand like she was throwing something to the side making the tree fly across the woods almost hitting the boy she ran away from.

"Damn girl, you must be pissed." The boy whistled out as he glanced behind him at the tree that almost hit him.

Nixie huffed out and gave the boy a fake smile. "Are you following me?"

"No. ." The boy paused. "I'm Rafael." He walked up to Nixie until he was right in front of her.

Nixie glanced down at his hand that he held out waiting for her to shake. "Nixie." She finally spoke after a few seconds of them just staring at each other waiting for Rafael to give up and walk away or Nixie to cave in and shake his hand; which she did.

————
————

How do you like the story so far?

Who do you ship Nixie with?