Chapter five

"So how we bout to do this" my daughter paced back an forth in the kitchen while I smoked my cigarette. Devon was out with his boys at the bar so we thought tonight would be the perfect time to discuss our plan.
"Sooooo I've been talking to realtors and they should have us a house by the end of this month if that."
" man that means we will have to stay two weeks in here with that bitch!"
"Watch ya mouth lil girl I don't care what u say about him but choose ya words wisely because I am your mother not your friend" I scolded my daughter as I got up and stirred the pot of chilli. " my bad mom I'm just ready for this nightmare to be over.and besides you listen a lil better when I cuss shooot!" We laughed at her joke then hugged. "We are gonna get through this kiara just have faith in me. She stared in my eyes as the tears began to fill up her glossy big eyes. " mom I'll always have faith in you I just need you to see the faith as well."

(The next day)

" baby what you gettin me for my birthday?" Devon looked at me with the most perfect smile I've ever seen.
"Boyyy I don't know." I smirked at him then gave him a kiss.
"Bitch you better figure it out but I already know u got daddy" Devon confidently said.
" I got you baby" I lied as I got out our bed to get in the shower.
" and hurry up and get that pussy fresh so I can beat the fuck out of what's mine" he yelled from the bedroom. "Yo ass always tryna fuck damn can I wake up first big head" I playfully yelled back. Damn I'm gonna miss this dick. I thought to myself. But I promised my daughter I will develop a backbone for the sake of my kids. I just pray he leave me alone when i do pack our kids shit an leave. I pray every night that I can end this nightmare peacefully.