Chapter 35

Savannah POV:

When I first glanced at the girl in front of me, I wasn't certain it was actually Fawn. If any of us three girls hated Charming most, it was her, so it's surprising to see her actually standing in front of me. In high school, she always told us that as soon as she turned eighteen, she was out of here. And she was, dropping out her senior year just to get out of this deadbeat town. Fawn said goodbye to only Dawn and I, neglecting whatever relationship her and Jeff had at the time. Jeff never truly got over that and his first heartbreak caused him to become a major asshole to most women. Jeff couldn't stay tied down to anyone long enough to know their last name following Fawn's exit from Charming. As much as all her harsh words and complaints about this town come rushing through my mind, here she is standing right in front of me, with nothing short of an excited smile.

"What brings you back?" I question awkwardly, not knowing how else to spark conversation. After all, I haven't seen my supposed best friend in over five years.

"I'm broke, single and friendless." She says shrugging her shoulders, playing it off as if it were completely normal and expected of her.

Honestly, I'm surprised she lasted this long on her own. She couldn't have gotten a very good job, having never actually completing high school, nor could she have gone to college.

"That's enough to bring anyone home I guess." I say and she scoffs.

Jax finds his way to my side and makes eye contact with Fawn for multiple moments without recognition of who she was. She smiles at him shaking her head from side to side and crossing her arms to imply she was disappointed.

"Man, I knew you were older than me, but I didn't think you were that old. What, are you not gonna welcome me back Teller?" She questions teasingly.

"Fawn?" He questions disbelief evident in his tone.

"Took you long enough Jackie boy." Chibs taunts.

"The one and only." Fawn says pulling Jax into a friendly hug.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jax asks generally curious, as he knew just as well as I did how much Fawn hated Charming.

"Everyone keeps acting so surprised. Can't a girl just come home to her family after being away for five years?" She asks in exasperation at the repetitive questions.

"Not when you talked shit about it for so long." Jax retorts.

"I was young and rebellious." She says waving her hand as if it was a tedious act of her past.

"What are you now? Bored and desperate?" Opie asks and we all chuckle while Fawn has a scowl on her face.

"Ha ha, Opie so original." Fawn claps her hands in a slow and teasing motion being completely sarcastic in her words.

"Oh come on Fawny don't tell me you forgot how to take a joke?" Tig teases wrapping his arm around her shoulder. Fawn throws it off rather harshly and glares at her father with narrowed eyes.

"Hush Alex." She says and turns her face away from him.

Fawn is without a doubt the only SAMCRO daughter that could get away with calling her dad by his first name. But who could blame her,Tig was her father after all.

Juice lets out a loud laugh, along with Half-Sack behind him. When Tig glances their way, they instantly try to lose their smirks when met with his vicious stare.

"Something funny shitheads?" Tig questions.

"Nope." They both say in unison trying their best to maintain composure.