A Painful Understanding

Start from the beginning

"The men in the coats, they, they took my eggs. They said they did it so we could play, but their game was not fun."

My voice was quiet and I was stuttering a bit, but it was hard to remember the memory. I looked and Miss Natasha and I saw a look of pure sadness. She pulled me into a hug and rub circles on my back, I couldn't hold it back any longer and I just cried full force.

"I'm so sorry someone took them from you, I know it's hard to lose them. I will make sure no one forces you into that or takes any else. you will never have to lose more of you."

She was rocking now as I cried and I felt safe with her now, I did not fear her.

"I know what it feels like to lose them, I lost mine."

My eyes shot to look at her,

"You, you lost yours too, the evil coats took them?"

I felt her seniority, she lost them too,

"Yes, mine were taken too,"

I buried my head into her stomach and I could sense them gone, she was like me.

"You, you can look at me, I trust you will not hurt me."

Slowly and gently she let me go and carefully looked at me, telling me everything she was doing as she did it. It was over swiftly and she helped me back into my normal clothes. As soon as I was clothed she was holding me again, cradling me close.

"I will never let anyone play that game with you or take from you again."

I could feel her care and serenity as she held me protectively.

"Thank you, Miss Natasha."

My voice was quiet, still horse from my screaming and crying.

"Please, call me Nat."

I just bury my head deeper in her chest and gave a muffled ok. Before I knew it she picked me up and held me, I gave a yelp as I did not expect it.

"I don't think you should be alone right now, so you'll hang with me for the rest of today till Loki gets back."

I just gave a silent nod and snuggled closer to her. She carried me to the common room where Mister Bruce, Mister Tony, and Mister Steve were all sitting. They looked up at us and they all dropped their jaw at us.

"What are you looking at, Bruce she's in perfect health"

She then turned to address the whole room.

"Bruce, put on a Disney movie, Stark get the softest blanket we own, and Steve go get some soft, plain vanilla cookies, now."