𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

2 years later | present day

Damon sat at the round table in the debriefing room, a manila folder in hand. With a frustrated groan, he shut the folder and slammed it down on the table. Running both hands down his face, the light stubble scratching at his finger tips, Damon peeked through his fingers at the folder, only to throw his head back against the chair. "Where the hell did you go?" He questioned no one in particular.

The past two years had been hell. After the night Alix vanished, nothing had been the same, well, for Damon at least. He remembered the first time he was assigned her case, he was 23, a 'rookie', the youngest at that. Some would say he was a prodigy.

Alix had been under the FBI's radar ever since she was 13 years old. No parents. No family. Just her and the 'Syndicate'.

They had been an ally of the FBI for years, until one day the agencies headquarters was ambushed, killing every agent there. The only one left alive was, of course, Alix, their top agent, making her the main suspect in the case.

The FBI wanted Alix to join one of their 'special' teams of agents, now they want answers. Alix was and still is under the radar of every known agency in the world, for both good and bad reasons. Being the star agent of the bureau, Damon took the lead in the case. But damn, did it not go as he planned.

If anyone would have told him he would fall in love with his target, Damon would just laugh and go on with his day saying, "I'm the best the FBI has to offer, there's no way I would jeopardize an undercover mission by falling in love with some girl."

He was a cocky little bastard.

Even though the way in which he was to get her, Damon did not agree with, he found it a simple task nonetheless: three years tops, gain her trust, and when the time was right..bring her in, but he failed miserably, because he fell in love with her.

Damon was so lost in his thoughts, that he didn't hear the door open nor close. "Get ya ass up we got a job to do."

Upon hearing the voice Damon looked up, soon finding himself staring at a long time colleague and friend. Jace Johnson. His golden brown skin seeming to glow naturally under the light fixtures.. well, maybe it was the baby oil, who knows.

Jace threw a case file on the table and began speaking, " we roll out in 20, we found 'Spectre' headquarters and the director wants us to end this, tonight."

Nodding his head, Damon stood and followed Jace out of the large room and into a long hallway, until they reached the locker room where they changed into their gear and prepared their weapons.

'Sprectre' is another agency, only they can't be trusted. Not ever. They kill innocent people, use them as experiments, turn them into weapons for mass destruction, the list goes on, and only seems to get worse.

Alix always found herself in deep shit with the 'agents' from that agency, they never did like her, but no one could understand why.

Once they were done Damon and Jace headed towards the armored trucks where the rest of their team waited.

With a nod of his head, he spoke, "let's end this shit, tonight."

*

Before they even made it to their destination, Damon had a feeling that something just wasn't right.