6: Aurora

G is sitting on the couch when I finally leave my room where I had been hibernating for most of the day.

"Where's Chloe and J?" I question, looking around the empty house.

"They went to the park like 2 hours ago and haven't gotten back yet," G says, not looking away from the TV. I roll my eyes as I walk over to him and stand right in front of the TV. "What are you doing?" He asks, clearly annoyed.

"We need to talk," I sigh. He shakes his head.

"Not now," He groans.

"Yes, now." I grab the remote from him and turn the TV off. He groans as I throw the remote across the room. It lands on a beanbag chair in the corner of the living room.

"What do we have to talk about anyway?" He asks.

"Us," I sigh. He snorts.

"What 'us'? There is no 'us'," He laughs. I feel my heart break at his words.

"So what? That kiss yesterday meant nothing to you?" I question. He seems to think about it for a moment.

"Yeah. Absolutely nothing," He sighs. I feel my heart break more. I can't seem to form a sentence. I just stare into his brown eyes, in hope to see some emotion. But he just looks bored.

"Right. I was stupid to think it meant anything to you. You're Mr. I-Don't-Commit-To-Any-Girl," I sigh as I stand up and run up the stairs. He calls my name a few times but I ignore him. I slam my bedroom door and lock it before collapsing on the floor and sobbing.

I hate myself for crying. It's not like he would ever like me. And even if he did, He's my brother's best friend. And it would never work.

"Rory." G's voice is muffled by the door.

"Go away." I try to sound like I'm not crying, but a sob escapes my lips and it blows my cover.

"Aurora, open the door," G groans.

"Go. Away!" I yell it this time and my voice doesn't crack. I don't hear him for a while and sigh when I realize he's gone. Or at least I thought.

I hear something jiggle in the lock before the door opens and G stands in the doorway with a key in his hand.

I stand up and turn away from him before wiping my eyes.

"Aurora," He sighs. I feel his hand on my arm and I flinch. I look around my room, looking for something to throw at him. Anything really. My eyes land on the bathroom connected to my bedroom and I take a deep breath before I dart to it. I slam it in G's face but struggle to keep it closed. G is much stronger than me and with seconds, he has it opened and I'm standing as far away as possible from him.

"Rory, what's wrong?" He asks, walking towards me. My breathing catches as his hand rests above me as he uses it to hold his body up.

My blue eyes meet his brown ones and I suck in a breath.

"Come on, tell me," He sighs, his face moving close to mine. I can't think or see straight as his lips press onto mine. I let it happen for a few minutes before something in my mind finally snaps.

"No. I'm not letting you use me." With that, I leave the bathroom and my bedroom and walk to the kitchen.

I feel mixed emotions for what I did. One of two being pride for being able to stick up to him. The other one being sadness, because for once, his eyes didn't look emotionless. When I said the words, there was a small flicker of pain in his eyes, it was small and barely noticeable. But I noticed.