Chapter 13

GW Hospital

Dr Parsons had a worrying look on his face. "Mr President. I have some grief news. We have done tests on your wife and she is fine. However the blood, was a baby. Your wife was expecting a second baby who would be the twin of your daughter Kathleen" Dr Parson left the room as Jack started sobbing.

Kathleen was to have a twin? This was worse than Patrick. He fetched Dr Parsons and asked him one question. "Does my wife know?"

"She doesn't know that it was a baby". Jack decided to tell Jackie himself.

Jack entered Jackie's room and he saw her sitting up, slouched, waiting for news. She saw him and looked up. She threw open her arms.

"Oh Jack!" Jack embraced Jackie and they kissed.

"What has happened?" Jackie began to cry but gently. "Jackie..." Jack started. He didn't know how to get the words to roll out his tongue. Hot tears were threatening to come spilling everywhere but he kept it together.

"The blood. It turns out that Kathleen..." Jack let one roll down his cheek . In the silence, he heard it, hit the bed covers.

He could tell that Jackie knew how it would end. She looked around in despair. "Oh my God" she whispered. Jack fell into her and sobbed loudly. Jackie fell into his shoulder and sobbed so much the tears soaked through his shirt and fell down his back.

Would this pain that had fallen into the pair of them, continue? It was a question, that neither of them could answer.