Family

"I just met you and you're already going to be bringing boys over," Jamie commented.

I glared at him before sighing. "He's a friend."

"That's what they all say."

"Don't you have something better to do?"

"Than look out for you? No, that's my job."

"Teasing me isn't in your job description," I reminded. "So I suggest you stop."

"If you really want me to, I will."

I rolled my eyes and made my way to my room. "I doubt it."

Chase greeted me instantly, nearly knocking me over in the process. Remy was more...cautious in his approach; he wasn't running towards me, but he wasn't exactly standing still. His head was lowered and his tail was almost still, unlike Chase's, but the tip of his was in a small wag. King was observing, his eyes on me from where he laid on my bed.

As I looked at all of them, a realization hit me.

They're growing fast.

I reached down a bit to pet Chase and Remy, who had finally made his way over to me. Looking up once more, I saw King approaching. I crouched down and held out my hand, King quickly came up and rubbed his face against my hand. His black fur was soft, and that comforted me. Chase and Remy came up soon after King, nuzzling into my sides.

"Jay's coming over." I notified, standing up. Remy wagged his tail, while Chase running around the room in an excited frenzy. King merely grunted, laying down before watching his brothers. "I want you three to behave and to not cause too much trouble."

They all barked, Remy's was soft, Chase's was loud, while King's was deep.

Honestly, sometimes it's hard to believe their siblings. I guess family isn't alike. I would know that, myself and Vlad were complete opposites...but we were alike in more ways than one as well.

————————————————————————

A/N: It's been a while! I had writer's block, so this is probably my worst chapter and title. Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed it!