Tension is in the Air

AN: Hey guys. Before I even start this chapter, I want to apologize for such a late update. I haven't really felt like writing or had the time.  I am so so so sorry. I get these urges to write and I pore my energy in trying to get this published. Freshman year is really kicking my butt. 

Lilo whispers into my hair, "We'll make us happen once we get out of here."

A guard yanks me away from Lilo. He aggressively tugs me down the hall, knocking the wind out of me. The guard shoves me into my cell. He lifts me up, throwing me on my cot. The support beams holding up the cot break. He grabs a handful of my shirt, slapping me across the face. It burns immediately afterward. "You shall not attempt to escape from your guard again or your punishment will worsen." The guard releases his grip on my shirt. He leaves.

My blood boils, I want to chase the guy down and deliver ten thousand volts to his brain. André touches my shoulder. He jumps back startled, "Iris..." He says, "You just shocked me. I can't use my powers, but you can. Also, your eyes are glowing blue."

"Oh quit joking around, I am not in the mood after what happened."

André stands up, waving his hand in front of my face. I grab his wrist. A spark travels up his arm. My eyes widen. I let go of his wrist. He falls to his knees, dropping entirely to the ground. "André?" I jump up, sitting on my knees next to André.

I touch his arm, zapping him again. I yipe. Oh my goodness. How do I control this? Breathe Iris Breathe. I slide against the wall. I press my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them then close my eyes.

My anger slowly fades. 

I open my eyes, an angel dressed in all white glitter clothes hovers over André. Her blonde hair is tied up in a bun on top of her head and her eyes are shimmering blue. The angel's wings wrap around André. She lifts him up, bringing him to her chest. I watch in awe. What is that thing? How did she get in here? André lets out a moan in pain. "Stop, you're hurting him!"

The angel looks up, gazing into my eyes, still holding André. I push myself off the floor as André lets out another moan. The angel nods, setting André back on the floor. I stare at him, then glance back up. The angel disappears leaving tidbits of glitter in the air. André rolls onto his stomach, glancing up at me. "I am so sorry André. I -"

He interrupts me, "No, I probably deserved that. I have not been a good Dad to you. All you ranger and mixed emotions got to you, so you shocked me, the cause of it. At least you shocked me, not the guard."

"I seriously didn't mean to shock you. I didn't even know I could use my powers."

"Say that last sentence again," André says.

"I didn't even know I can use my powers," I pause, "I can use my powers!"

André slowly nods. I plop down on my cot, which is now on the floor. I close my eyes, pulling me into sleep. 

We both laugh, breaking the hug. My head throbs severely. I go lay down on my bed, closing my eyes and putting my hand on my forehead. I drift off to sleep.

Clapping wakes me. I open my eyes to see André clapping vigorously.  "André stoppppppp."

He chuckles, "Finally! You are up!"

I groan, my head throbs. André continues clapping. I hold my hand up, picturing zapping him. Nothing happens. I can't feel the strange tingling sensation coursing throughout my body. I picture a lightning bolt. A tingling courses up my arm, lightning shooting out of my fingertips.

André yelps, stopping his clapping. André grabs my hand after I am done shocking him. I laugh. "Just because you have powers and I don't, does not mean you can shock me!"