Just as I was on the verge of peaceful slumber, a loud, cherry voice startled me, "Hayden Jones." 

My eyes burst open as I bolted to my feet in fright. I glance across the room at a large male in a navy suit walking through a dark oak door with a large smile plastered across his aged face. He ambles over to me and I awkwardly shift my weight from leg to leg. 

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Headmaster Sullivan." When he reaches me he extends on hand and my gaze quickly darts down, "I hope I didn't keep you waiting long." 

"Not that long." I lie through a overly sweet grin as I latch my hand to his and firmly shake it, hoping he could hear my inward rage scream through the brief contact. 

"Rachelle, can I please have Miss Jones' items." Headmaster Sullivan orders the receptionist who implies to his demands instantly, unlike the fifteen minutes she took when I asked for a tissue .

"I was hoping I wasn't late, my plane was delayed." I like through a smile once again, retaining full knowledge that I spent a twenty minutes devouring two burritos at a Mexican restaurant on the way here. 

"It's completely fine, Hayden. I had a feeling something like that would happen." Headmaster Sullivan explains as Rachelle scurries over in her black kitten heels and passes a folder to him. I glare at her back as she returns to her desk, attempting to unlock some mutant-like power in which I could light the bitch on fire. "This is for you." 

I take the folder off him, gazing down at the school crest on top of the card package. It was incredibly formal for such a school.

"Inside you'll find everything you need. Your class timetable, your dorm details, keys, a school map and I do believe there is a menu for the school dining hall in there. He explains as if he's done it a million times before because he most probably has. "Dinner is served at six on weekdays in the Radcliffe Dining Hall. The school library is open from eight in the morning until ten at night. And if I can recall, the school gym and pool is open just a little earlier than that."

I bend down, picking up my bags and pulling the straps onto my shoulders. I then give the metal handle of my floral suitcase a jiggle and a swift kick before it pops open and I raise it to it's full height. I smile even though I deeply cringing at the fact that Headmaster Sullivan had the unfortunate pleasure of witnessing my awkward wrestling match with my suitcase.

"Oh and I'd appreciate it if you swing by my office tomorrow whenever your free." Headmaster Sullivan questions as I glance up at him from the folder, as if I was mesmerised by it. "And other than that, welcome to Caldwell Academy Hayden. You may go settle into your dorm now." 

"Thank you, Headmaster, and I will." I smile at him as I head towards the glass door and push it open.The autumn air was crisp unlike the warm sea breezes in southern California, but the sun was shining proudly in the cloudless sky. It brought a delicate warmth however I dreaded the inevitable, knowing it's going to become increasingly colder in the months to come. 

I wander around the school, noticing the emptiness of it.  The school grounds were really quite beautiful and the gardens were lavish and manicured as well as the lawns. It was identical to the pamphlet. 

I pause by a bench and place down my bags, realising I had no idea where the hell I was going. Nice job, Hayden. 

I open my folder, sifting through the sheets of paper before I come across the school map and my dorm information. Elwood Hall, Dorm 307. I take a quick glance at the map, before slapping myself in the face with it after coming to the realisation that I was heading in the opposite direction

I shove the paper and folder into one of the two duffel bags before I turn around and head back the other way, lugging my thick suitcase behind me.