Roc Royal Imagine: Fairytale For The Streets

Start from the beginning

De’ Angelo: “Fuck this, this shit wack anyway.” *Storms off stage and pushes past you*

Andy: *Shakes head* “Niggas with attitude.” *Laughs* “Everyone give it up for Roc Royal, tonight’s champ!”

You stood among several people clapping and cheering when suddenly Chris came up beside, grabbing your wrist.

Chris: “What the fuck are you doing?”

You: *Looks at him in fear* “I’m just trying to have fun…”

Chris: “Did I say you could have fun? You don’t eat, breath, or shit unless I say so. Got that?” *Yanks arm harder*

You: *Cringes* “Yes, yes!” *Whispers in fear* “Please let me go…”

Chris: *Gives you a dirty look and then lets go* “Don’t talk to anyone while I’m gone.” *Walks off*

You stood there in the middle of the chanting, happy audience feeling empty and abused. As if an animal trapped in a cage, you had no way out. You began to feel the tears swelling up in your eyes but you quickly wiped them away, pretending to be fine. That was the thing… you were always pretending. You walked off and headed to the bar, giving you some time to breath and get away. You looked down and began to twirl your lucky bracelet once again as thoughts of the past began to flood back to you… I need a drink.

You: “Um excuse me bartender can I get a martini please.”

Bartender: “No problem.”

?: “Can you get me one too, I’ll pay for hers too.”

Bartender: *Looks at you and then the person* “Okay, I’ll be right back with your drinks…”

The voice sounded familiar but yet not; please help this not be some lame nigga.

You glanced up slowly to be greeted by a sweet, innocent smile and familiar caramel skin. It was the boy… Roc?

You: “Do I know you?”

Roc: *laughs* “Nah but I want you to.”

You: *Laughs and rolls eyes* “Come back when you get some better game.”

Roc: “Alright so maybe that was a little corny but I’m for real this time, you’re very beautiful.”

You: *Tries not to smile* “Why?” *Looks him dead in the eye*

Roc: O.O “B-because…”

You: “I didn’t think you had an answer.” *Turns away*

Although you didn’t look it, you were secretly disappointed. You thought for once, only once that maybe a guy wanted you for more than just your body. As the seconds turned to a minute with your body turned from Roc you suddenly heard his voice again… although this time he wasn’t talking… he was rapping? His lyrics flowed from his mouth gently into your ear as he rhymed into your ear silently, letting his deep, sexy voice relax you. To your surprise and slight delight the rap was about… you, your eyes, graceful walk and gorgeous smile. His lyrics sent chills down your spine as compliments you had never imagined receiving were given to you generously. He not once mentioned your hips, thighs or ass but instead your eyes, smile and voice, rambling on and on as if you were an angel. As he finished up you just sat there in disbelief and shock. What just happened… did this nigga really just go Tupac/ Shakespeare on my ass?