2.10 The Sword Called Flower

Start from the beginning

Even Shen Zheng himself did not notice Shuan Bing's death, and he was a powerful Sage. He definitely could feel Shuan Yi's qi dissipating when the latter was close to his death, years go. But even then, Shen Zheng was at Wu Shan sect and thus was pretty close to feel it.

He shook his head and just attributed it to the special bond between a mother and a son.

Shen Wei watched Zuo ZhouLei continuing to walk up the stairs. He scratched the back of his neck when he noticed that, although there was a ripple of sadness in the younger boy's gaze earlier, his disposition was now already calm and indifferent.

"Shidi. Are you not sad?" He called out.

"Life and death are as sure as time itself. It is the law of the world that applies to everyone. Mother is not an exception." ZhouLei slightly tilted his head while looking back at Shen Wei. There was a questioning look on his face, as if Shen Wei had just asked a very bizarre question.

Sage Shen Zheng did not know what to think anymore. Such a special bond it was... that caused ZhouLei to notice Shuan Bing's death, but still be able to be nonchalant about her death. He wondered what kind of upbringing and education the little Prince had received for the past six years to make him having such maturity.

The other only plausible explanation was that, ZhouLei truly had the ability to sense the flow of energy inside people, even at such a young age; which should not be a far-fetched conclusion especially when the boy could already regulate his own qi to the extent of being able to fly seamlessly.

If that was true, then Shen Zheng had to do whatever he could to protect the boy and his future cultivation path. Shen Wei aside, Shen Zheng decided to also spend as much resources as possible to aid ZhouLei's cultivation.

"Ah-Lei, (1)" Shen Zheng called out, "Follow shifu to a place!"

----------

The Bu Gui (2) cave looked ordinary from the outside, but only Wu Shan sect's cultivators of the Sage rank and above would be able to enter. This was because the cave contained the purest of qi that the world could offer.

The cave was the only kind in the whole world. Although Hui Lin sect and Chun Ping Gu sect also had their own pure qi-cultivation places, Bu Gui cave was several levels more potent above the rest. Only Sages that had attained deep understanding and initial enlightenment of their Shang Dantian would be able to withstand the pressure of such undiluted, pure energy.

Anyone of lesser qualification would only seek death. The pure energy would attack their core and possibly destroy their meridians. If one was to meditate in front of the cave, they could even sense the particles of pure qi swirling about, dense small balls of energy drifting in the air. 

In fact, even Wu Shan sect's Sages hardly used the cave

In fact, even Wu Shan sect's Sages hardly used the cave. True to its name, it was a cave of no return. No one that had ever come in, would come out again. The Sages of Wu Shan sect preferred to meditate in several other caves or solitary places of the sect, to safely and slowly progress their cultivation.