A Sage's death, especially that of Shuan Yi's cultivation level, could be felt by all Wu Shan sect's cultivators. A Sage's qi was pure and strong. When one was in close proximity to a Sage, they could feel the pressure of the Sage's qi. In fact, it was enough for a Sage to subdue lower level cultivators by simply releasing this pressure as a form of intimidation.

For trained cultivators, it was the norm to feel one's qi to figure out a cultivator's identity, even before seeing the person with their own eyes. For Meng Ting who had grown up with Shuan Yi ever since she was small, it was too easy to feel his death.

When Shuan Yi died, his presence disappeared.

Meng Ting thought that from start to finish, she was just playing the fool. She worked herself up, getting conceited because she thought Shuan Yi would wait for her. She thought no words were needed between the two, believing that he felt the same way as she did for him. He had always given her the attention she craved and sought from him. Never once did she sense that he was being burdened.

Apparently, it was only because she was his shimei from the same shifu, and because he thought of her as his own sibling. Just like he did to Shen Zheng.

She cultivated diligently so she could catch up to him, so they could be the perfect Dao partners to each other. Only for Shuan Yi to seek comfort in another woman. To add insult to her injury, that woman was a non-cultivator. 

Of all people, Shuan Yi should know that his Sage's inner-qi might cause harm to a non-cultivator, especially when engaging in a sexual relationship. Meng Ting believed that that was what had contributed to the woman's death in the end, though no one could really give a concrete proof. 

Regardless, so many years had passed. The hate had subsided, the pain was already numb, but the memory lingered.

Especially when she saw the letter in her hands at the moment.

The short letter was a sort of newsletter that had just been given to her. After all, although cultivators always somewhat distance themselves from the rest of the world, they still had to know the major events in the world. Especially when the event concerned the Empress of the Dynasty they had been co-existing with.

As she read about the Empress Yun's death, as well as Shuan Bing's, Meng Ting's lips were curled slightly, but her eyes were devoid of any ripple of emotion.

If Shuan Yi was still alive, what would he say about his daughter's death?

"Shifu." Zuo JinHai greeted her with a deep bow as he arrived. Meng Ting had summoned for him to come to her room.

Meng Ting merely extended her hand, signalling the young boy to come over and read the letter. She watched his expression as he read the piece of paper; from initial puzzlement, to surprise, to sadness, then to his usual calm disposition.

She felt more assured with his mature reaction.

After reading, the boy merely handed the letter back and proceeded to kneel in front of her with his hands clasped in a respectful gesture,

"Thank you, Shifu, for your consideration in informing this disciple."

Meng Ting nodded slightly, "Do you wish to return to the Palace to pay your respect?"

Zuo JinHai shook his head, "No. Mother has told all of us to not return to the Palace until we are at least an Enlightened, under any circumstance." He paused, his gaze carried maturity beyond his tender age. There was a slight frown between his eyebrows as he seemed to recall something,