chapter 2

———

———Your POV

———
Your POV

Walking out of the school with the three boys was definitely not something that I was used to.

My nerves were kind of getting to me. While walking I played with my hands to distract myself, slowly but surely calming my nerves. This has been a habit of mine since I was young, and I don't think it's going away soon.

Nendo was loud and Kaido wasn't any quieter, and Saiki hardly ever contributed to the conversation.

While Nendo and Kaido were going on and on about a video game, I decided to strike up a conversation with Saiki.

"So Saiki, are they always like this?"

"Pretty much."

"Ha, at least life's never boring with them around."

"No, but it's stressful," he mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

Feeling that Saiki wasn't interested in talking I let the silence between us take over. Walking with the three of them almost seemed natural, as if we've been friends for years. But, I couldn't help but feel like I didn't belong.

Nothing about me is interesting, and anyone could see that. That's what I tell myself all the time anyways. But, it was also the kids from my previous school that taunted me. They caused this feeling of unimportance to surface, and I didn't do anything to stop them.

At least during the hard times I always had my best friend looking out for me. She was always the soft glow of the moon in my darkness back then, and I'm grateful for that. The way she would make a stupid joke just to get me to laugh in the slightest bit was what always brightened my day.

I just wish we didn't have to cut ties so abruptly. As if our friendship wasn't even important to her.

Refocusing my attention back to my surroundings I realized we already arrived to the ramen restaurant. The building seemed antiquated and had a welcoming atmosphere, similar to that of visiting a grandparents house.

Walking into the small building, the aroma of many different kinds of ramen hit my senses. At the counter was a young man who didn't really look like he knew what he was doing. Glancing around the place, I realized it must have been remodeled into a place to enjoy many different kinds of easy to make cup-of-ramen. The prices were really cheap as well.

"Ta-da!" Nendo shouted, proud of the place he had so gladly hyped up earlier.

"This is it?" Kaido questioned.

"What do you mean 'this is it?' their food is fantastic!"

"Honestly Nendo, this place looks fantastic!" I said kind of loudly.

"See?? She gets it!"

"All right, all right. I'll give it a shot," Kaido says, a little exasperated.

———
Saiki Kusuo's POV

After looking deeper into (Y/n)'s life, she's not really as average as she thinks she is. Maybe her height, weight, and grades are exactly average but she has so much potential. Even though I'd like to help her realize this, it'd be pointless. She should be capable of discovering these things about herself in time.

Although, I could try to use her to distance myself away from Kaido and Nendo. Then I could live out my dream of an average life!

But, it'll be a little tricky. Nendo seems to be stuck to me like glue and his actions are unpredictable. I'll have to just sit back and observe for awhile, maybe pushing her to be closer with them could work?

———
(Y/n)'s POV

I left early and started walking home from the ramen place Nendo brought us to. The sky was all shades of pink and orange, the cool and crisp wind blew against my face, everything was quiet. I allowed myself to just be in this calm moment and not think about anything.

Arriving home to an empty house wasn't unusual. My dad worked at the hospital as a nurse, leaving him to have many late nights, and my mother worked as a software developer. Even if they were home they would immediately go to sleep, too exhausted to stay awake any longer.

After completing loads of homework from my first day, I hit the hay.

———

I woke up with just enough time to get ready for the day, twenty minutes. Finishing up all the necessities and throwing on my uniform, I walked right out the door. Looking around, I notice that I don't see any other students, or people awake, for that matter. Looking at my phone I realize that today is Saturday.

You've got to be kidding me. Well since I'm already up I'll just go put on casual clothes and head out to get my errands for the day done.

Walking out the door for the second time, I made my way to the grocery store.

I really hope I don't run into anybody that I know today.

—————————
A/n

I'm so sorry for such a late update! I had a block which discouraged me from writing this story. Hence why this chapter isn't the best! But I promise I'll do better for the next one~