ONE| TICKING TIME BOMB

Start from the beginning

"Please, don't-" the girl struggles as she kicked and squirmed as the male, attempted to unzip her pants. Her heart thumped a mile a minute, as she struggled to get from under his heavy frame.

"Get off, get off, get off." Jade said through tears now, she never expected her night to go quite like this, all she wanted was some cash to get a bite to eat. She knew that it was partially her fault, she stole and now she was paying the price.

The male began to pull her pants down now and suddenly Jade felt so exposed, so weak and vulnerable. "Stay still." He growled, pinning her hips down into the cold damp ground. She squeezed her eyes shut holding her breath, she knew there was nothing she could do.

Suddenly Jade felt the weight shift off of her and then the sound of shattering glass and a car alarm blaring.

The girl slowly peeled her eyes back open, looking up to the starry night sky, then sitting up on the ground, her pants still slightly down.

The girl quickly rose, pulling her pants up, picking up the stolen wallet, pocketing it, as she stared at the male who lay on top of a damaged car, almost as if he'd been thrown onto it, the group of Serpents that were already standing outside, rushed to see if they're friend was okay, some of the Serpents exiting the bar to crowd outside, to see what the ruckus was about.

Jade stood momentarily in shock, had she just done that? There was no way, no way in hell that she had the capability of doing that, she kept telling herself that, to calm her racing heart, but the tingling throughout her body made her think otherwise, Jade felt a power surge through her that she never felt before, maybe she was going nuts. She had to be, there was no other logical explanation.

"It was her, he-he was on top of her and then he just- he fucking flew, man!" The slightly drunk guy slurred, pointing at Jade, angrily. The Serpents all turned their attention to the curly haired girl, as she offered a wave.

"I...I can see how this may look!" Jade called, shifting from leg to leg nervously, she was in the snakes den now and one faulty move and she could possibly die tonight. "But I have no idea how that happened, you can only imagine my confusion!" She stated, laughing nervously.

None of them laughed back, they just wore angry looks of hatred. "She killed Moonshine!" a lady called from the angry crowd.

Killed? No way! Sure Jade was a liar and a thief, but not a killer.

"Get out of here demon!" A male voice called from the crowd.

"Get!" He yelled again, in a stern voice, as Jade's eyes scanned the crowd, she noticed that they were more scared than angry. They were terrified of her, she was terrified of herself too.

The man shouted something again, but Jade couldn't hear him, everything was a muffled blur, the girl began to run swiftly away, before the Serpents found their courage and skinned her alive, tears flecking her eyes as she ran, streetlights began to shatter in her path, but still the girl ran and ran and ran, as fast and as far as her legs would take her.

Jade didn't stop running until she reached Pop's diner, it was the only place she could think of that was still open at this hour. And she did not want to go home.

The girl quickly and quietly, shuffled over to a secluded booth in the corner, plopping down, staring at her shaking hands, that lay clasped on the diner table. She didn't even know who she was anymore, she felt as if someone had taken over her body and was controlling her every move.