We approached a large gate with a stone wall protecting whatever was behind it. Above the gate, sat a the King's seal. I shivered. I could actually see what was on the seal.
It was the Three High with the King at the highest point. Below him, crowds of demons ripping apart humans. I shivered in fear.

The gate opened, startling me. We continued into the a smaller forest. As we walked, the errieness of the forest set in. There were no chirping birds. There was no wind. The leaves were all a blood red. I stumbled.
One of the other girls had fallen, causing Mae and I to stumble. One of the men grabbed Kendra. He laid his head to her heart, and he shook his head. Kendra was dead. I held back tears, but Mae screamed.
Mae turned to face me. The situation grew worse. Mae's eyes turned into a divine purple.

"I will kill him. He will die today." She whispered in anger. The Kingsmen picked up Kendra's lifeless body and kept moving. We continued up the hill.

We approached the castle. It was made of large stones. Most of the windows were stained glass that didn't allow you to see inside. The castle was stunning from the outside.
The cobblestone path lead around to the front door. In the center of the path sat a large water fountain. The fountain's statues were of the Three High.

We entered the castle. The men blindfolded the two of us and held out arms. Mae growled at the sudden contact. I held my breath.
I tried to memorize the turns around the castle, but I couldn't. A pair of doors opened ahead of us. The Kingsmen had us walk further. Then one of the men hit the back of my knee, causing me to fall. I fell to my knees.
The blindfolds were pulled off. I quickly looked around, searching for an escape. My gaze went to whatever was in front of us. Three thrones sat.
Two of the thrones sat at the same height. The one in the center, sat the highest. On the highest seat, sat a man.
The man wore a gray suit that complimented his dark hair. He laughed. The King. The King of Demons. The Ruler of Death. The most powerful demon in this realm, Darkiplier.

"Your highness," the man started. "We bring the thre--two possible murders of Lord William." He announced.

"Weren't there three girls?" Dark's voice echoed off the walls.

"Yes, my king. The third girl died on the way here." He did softer. The King stood up and approached us. I could make out more of his features.
He was a handsome man with a strong build. His eyes were a brilliant brown. He looked at Mae first.

"Mae Polle. Newer demon. I would say 200 years old." Dark laughed. Mae's eyes lit up. "Oh, purple energy." He smiled. His eyes went black with red irises. I closed my eyes. I could feel her shift. I slowly opened them again to see both their eyes returned to their normal state.

He turned and faced me. His face hardened. Why is he looking at me like that? I thought to myself.

"(Y/FN) (Y/LN). A human." He looked at me with interest. It sent shivers down my spine.

What does he want with us?

"Release their shackles." He smiled. His smile made everything hurt. My heart started to beat out of my chest in fear. The shackles dropped to the floor.
Quickly, Mae's claws shot out of her fingertips, and she ran at Dark. She teleported behind him to throw him off. But before she could attack from behind, he grabbed her neck. He killed her before any of the soldiers could react.

"I guess that leaves you, my dear." His voice was low and soothing. "Did you kill my Lord?" He asked kneeling in front of me.

"No, my King." I whispered. My voice was shaking. He nodded.

I am going to die here. He won't believe me. I didn't do it. I hated him, but everyone did. I didn't kill him. I couldn't kill him. My thoughts went sprialling out of control.

"I don't think you have the heart to kill a man, (Y/N). So I will cut you a deal." He stood up. "You will help me find the true killer. You will work with some of my men. We will bring the killer to light." He turned away from me.

"What's the catch?" I said before my brain could react. Thoughts of him killing me right there formed.

"You will stay in the castle. You will not leave. You can only leave with my permission. You will be freed once you figure out who the killer is." He laughed. "Do you accept?" His voice turned to a serious tone.

"If I don't accept your deal?" I asked cautiously.

"Then I will assume you are the killer, and I will have you killed." His eyes flashed the red irises once again. He stuck out his hand.

"I accept." I said as I shook the demon's hand.

---------------------------------------------------------

I would like to thank you all again for reading my book "Last kNight." Please post any questions in the comments below. Thanks again!