30. The End.

Mackenzie

I shivered in the cold winter air of New York City as I walked down the street with my boyfriend, Johnny. It's been a while since we moved here-a year to be exact. It's been amazing. We're all free, free to be so we want and free to do what we want. We all have jobs we love and are all enrolled in college with inheritance from our parents. They don't know where we are and they don't care, we just get their money from a set account since we all turned 18. I've been trying to find Maddie for a while but I just can't. I can't crack the code, and I only need one more number to find the coordinates. "Hey babe I'm gonna go get us some hot chocolate, why don't you take a seat over there?" John asked me as we walked into a little cafe. I smiled at him and nodded before he walked up to the counter to order. I sat down at a table and gazed out the window at busy people bustling by wrapped up in winter jackets to protect themselves from the snow. 

As I stared out the window I took notice to this one lady on the opposite side of the street. She had brown hair and looked awfully familiar. She was holding a dogs leash while looking at her phone as she sat on a bench. Something was drawing me to her and I hadn't even noticed I got up until I got the door of the cafe and had to push it open. I quickly made sure there was no traffic then sprinted across the road and tentatively walked over to the lady. As I got closer, the feeling of familiarity hot more intense. I stopped in front of her and took a deep breath before saying something. "Um, hi." she looked up at me and when she did my eyes went wide- and so did her bright blue ones.