¤Returning A Favour [Mitsuhide x Reader]¤

Comincia dall'inizio

(y/n) narrowed her eyes suspiciously at his statement. "I don't remember owning a favour to you. And by the way how you're going to help me?"

The silver-haired man turned away from her and walked up to the bookshelves. His eyes glided over the books and scrolls as he picked up a few books.

"Do you remember five days ago in the late evening you came to my room alone?" He emphasized on the word alone as he looked over his shoulder and gave her a smirk.

(y/n)'s eyes twitched in irritation at his question. "I came to your room only to deliver a package and some food, not to do something inappropriate you're indicating."

She paused a second before continuing, "Masamune told me that you probably didn't eat anything because you were so busy in strategizing. That's why I bring those rice balls and tea for you. After all, it's not healthy to drink sake all day and eat nothing."

In response, Mitsuhide gave her a knowing smile, and he walked back to her. "I see Hideyoshi's mothering attitude really rubbing off you. Anyways, to appreciate your concern for my well being, I will tutor you so you can save yourself from Ieyasu's rebuke. So what is your answer, (y/n)?"

It took her a moment to comprehend his reason to help her. His willingness to tutor her rise suspicion in her mind.

'His reason seemed a bit odd to me. But... Hideyoshi is not in Azuchi now, Mitsunari is busy in a meeting with Nobunaga, I can't ask Ieyasu and Masamune is out of the question. So what I have left is this shady guy.'

She looked up at the silver-haired man and then looked back to the book in her hand. "Okay. I accept your offer."

*†*†*†*†*†*†*

Looking at her surroundings for the third time, (y/n) asked Mitsuhide who was sitting beside her, "Why are we here of all places?"

Mitsuhide opened a book and placed in on the desk in front of them. He turned his head towards her, a mischievous smirk on his lips.

"In my opinion, my room has the most peaceful environment in the whole castle. Isn't it good for studying? I am probably not the best person to be a teacher, but I'm confident that even with my terrible teaching skills I would be able to tutor a doltish student like you."

His mocking earned him a stern glare from (y/n). Mitsuhide chuckled in his mind to see her glaring daggers at him.

'You're so easy to rile up, dear chatelaine. I'm tempted to play with you more.'

"If you have given me a death stare, let's drop this trivial discussion for now and start our studying session."

As (y/n) was going to open her book, Mitsuhide grabbed her wrist and took the book from her hand. "You should first start with an easy book before diving into a difficult one. If your foundation is not strong, then whatever you try to build will eventually collapse."

His eyes returned to the pages of the book before them, and he pointed to a line with his index finger. "We will start by reading this passage."

At first (y/n) was a bit nervous how the studying session would go with Mitsuhide. She thought he probably decided to tutor her so he could tease her to his heart's content and his reason still seemed suspicious to her. But surprise to her, Mitsuhide took the task seriously, and he was doing excellent.
            She couldn't understand why Mitsuhide declared himself as a bad teacher, the reality was quite different. Whenever she struck with a new word he explained it in the simplest way, so she could understand it easily.

'Mitsuhide is really a good teacher. I didn't expect to learn so much just from this one study session.' She stole a glance from him, 'If he is not a warlord then he could choose to teach as his profession. But why did he deliberately want to help me? Why did he-'

"(y/n)?"

Her train of thoughts stopped when she heard a sonorous voice spoke her name. She whipped her head to her left to find Mitsuhide intently staring at her, a displeased frown on his face.

"Did you listen what I just said moments ago, (y/n)?"

"No. I mean.." Only incoherent words left her lips as her eyes flickered between the book and her teacher.

His gaze narrowed as if about to catch her lying. "You were not listening to what I was saying, were you?"

He closed his eyes and shook his head slowly in disappointment, a small sigh left his lips. Leaning forward, he gently lifted her chin with a curled index finger as he gazed into her eyes. (y/n) stared up into his yellow eyes, which twinkling with a mischievous glint.

"Being absentminded when your teacher speaks is not the sign of a good student. You deserve a punishment for being distracted." His thumb caressed her lower lips slowly. Her lips parted slightly as she felt the rough texture of his fingers.

"Tell me (y/n), what will be your punishment? How severely should I torment you to hear your sweet cries?" he whispered in her ear.

A silent gasp left her lips and her eyes widen in surprise to hear his questions. Mitsuhide studied her face for a few moments before he burst out in laughter. His mirthful laughter sent a flood of warm up to her neck and into her face.

He suppressed his laughter and then looked at her with a smirk. "You never failed to amuse me, (y/n)."

He chuckled as he gently patted on her head. "It's still early for a little girl like you to punished that way." He withdrew his hand from her hair and turned his attention to the book again.

"But.." (y/n) looked up to meet his taunting gaze, a smirk playing on his lips, "But if I caught you again, not paying attention to my lessons I might consider punishing you according to the scenarios playing in your mind."

His teasing comment again made her cheeks flushed red. "Mitsuhide!"

*†*†*†*†*†*†*

After attending a war council Mitsuhide returned to his manor to get some important documents. When he was searching for the documents a maid came to his room to hand him a few letters. After the maid left Mitsuhide sat down and put the documents in his hands on his desk.

He raised a brow in surprise to find a letter from an unusual sender in the bunch. He plucked the letter out from its envelope, the handwriting on the letter was neat and feminine.

"To Mitsuhide,

I'm so thankful for the time you took to tutor me last week. Now with your help, I'm able to read those books much easier. I appreciate the information and advice you have given during the lessons, as well as the recommendations of the books you have shared with me.

There is something I also want to say to you. On the very first day of your tutoring, you said you're not suitable to be a teacher, but I should say you were wrong on that part, Mitsuhide. I do not know why you think so low about your teaching, but you are truly an attentive teacher who greatly cares for his students. Please don't think I am exaggerating, I said what I felt. Because I don't think I could have made it without you.

Again thank you very much. I hope I can return the favour if you ever need any assistance.

From,

(y/n)."

A tender smile touched the corners of his mouth and his eyes warmed as he read the letter. He propped his chin on one hand, staring at the letter in his hand.

"Return the favour? I wonder how should I use your assistance, dear chatelaine." he chuckled softly, "I guess I've to use another silly excuse to keep you by my side."