two | pretty girl

I can see you're real smart
World class piece of art
~hayley kiyoko~

"What's that supposed to be?"

"A basket ball."

"Oh, doesn't look like it."

Nat had been going go the park every day since the girls met a week ago. She used to pretend she went there just to play basket ball til a few days ago when Ramona sort of called her out.

"Thanks for coming to hang out everyday, summers a drag, you know?"

Now they just sat down the court and talked all morning long. Even when Ramona's older brother didn't work on the weekends they both still came down to hang out.

They drew with Ramona's chalk today, and Nat liked to see her draw. She got this adorable look of concentration everytime she drew. She was good at it too. Nat learned in school she was in art and drama club, which is probably why she had no idea who Ramona was. The artsy kids usually keep to themselves, although they are obnoxious and slightly strange. When she told Cece this has thought she was just stereotyping but turns out she was very true.

"Yeah, they really are, mostly the theatre kids, you know dramatic."

"Aren't you an actress though?"

"Exactly."

Nat didn't really know if she liked her yet. Acknowledging someone is a attractive and liking someone is a big difference. But she would definitely consider her a friend, Ramona was a nice, adorably charming girl. What's not to like?

"Hey," The redhead smiled goofily and swayed herself closer to Nat. "I seemed to have lost my number, can I have yours?"

Nats laughed, backing away. "What?"

"I'm serious, give me your phone number, we can chat more, come on!" She pouted.

"Alright, calm down, I never said I wasn't gonna give it to you."

Ramona smiled giddily and handed her phone over. Her phone case had a picture of Bob Ross on the back. Nat did a silent prayer.

RIP to a fallen soldier

Then she wrote her number in the phone.

The familiar sound of a minivan beeping came from across the street signaling Ramona's departure. Nat helped her collected her chalks then waved her off as she ran across the street.

"I'll text you later!"

Nats sighed happily as she got up off the ground ready to walk come. She took one last look of the chalked basket ball court. There she saw a small picture of herself. She smiled the entire walk home.

~*~

When she saw her mother's car parked in the driveways she groaned. Usually her parents were gone all day, they had no idea of her little rendezvous in the park. Her dad wouldn't mind, her mother was a different story.

She walked into the entrance silently as she could, with any hope her mother would be in the basement and she could just sneak up into her room.

Before she could even kick off her shoes into the basket near the front door her mother called from the kitchen.

"Natalia Tran, get over here."

She groaned and made her away into the kitchen.

Her mom was at the counter staring at some papers when she walked in. She vaguely wondered why her mother was home so early. It was barley eleven, she usually got home around five along with her dad.